chris' scoot hoard

chris r

I saw a oil leak last night and realised I'd cracked the epoxy on the oil tank. After re gluing and re cracking it I figured the battery tray was hitting it. A quick go with the file and it's sorted 

2018-10-28_03-20-57

Longer test ride went good until I ran out of fuel and got to walk it home. Filled it up and with some helpful tips from our resident scooter gc @Raizer it's running better than ever. Now to finish off the headlight stuff 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the barrel a quick hone and hit the piston with some sandpaper and it's running again. I'll go grab a cheap belt or two tomorrow and try again. I had to remove the electric starter gear and grind some of the case but clearly I didn't do enough and the belt has made contact. 

3 minutes ago, peteretep said:

why do you think the piston made contact with the barrel? Seems weird on a new piston setup

100% me being a noob. Too lean and got hot and I hadn't checked to see if the auto lube was pumping (it wasn't as I had the lines off and needed to bleed it) 

• Sad 1

Plan b gn test ride was a success. It had been sitting in this guys shed for a few years, chucked some fresh fuel Did 10km with no issues so it's ready. Man it feels so slow. 

Now I've actually gone out for a short ride I've got some motivation back for the melody 

2018-11-04_03-52-26

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Cheap belt came with instructions to ride at 30 or less for 10k. Yeah that didn't happen. Went for a quick ride and it went well until I was close to the fuel station and it run out. I really need to remember to fuel up before leaving. 

@piazzanoobcame to loan a hand and give moral support. We decided the mortar tin was too big. The shopping trolley donated some of its basket. The basket needed some clearancing for the exhaust. 

IMG_20181105_220513

Took it for a longer pest and no sadness. Tomorrow I'll take it for a longer ride and see how it goes. 

Even the statue is excited about it 

IMG_20181105_224318

Oh and a massive thanks to @64valiant for the seat. I'm Fucking stocked with how it turned out 

• Like 7

20 minutes ago, flyingbrick said:

chris what size tires on the GN? love those wheels.

Black and round? I'll have to check 

17 minutes ago, flyingbrick said:

Also, scoot looks GREAT- you must be happy as hell to have it on the road. Whats top speed and acceleration like?

Yes it's good to finally have it rideable. It's heaps smaller than the dios so will be interesting on the Cape run 

Acceleration is pretty good feels quicker than gn g ah, no idea on top speed as the speedo is sitting on the garage floor still. I'll do a GPS run and find out. 

• Like 3

Speedo cabletied on and army men affixed. Must mean Its eastcape ready. I've done about 20km so far so it must be ready. I'll take it to work tomorrow and get a rough idea of fuel usage/see what fails. I popped into kmart to try and get a front basket but had no luck. The warehouse had nothing basket wise but delivered on a horn and tassles 

2018-11-06_09-53-43

• Like 6

Just now, peteretep said:

What size motor is it now? 65cc?

have you played around with rollers at all?

sounds comparable to my 65cc setup

75cc with 7.?g rollers. Can't remember the brand of variator stock rear end with upgraded clutch springs 

• Like 2