So with this year being the 10th Wagnats, I thought I might start a thread running down the list of the fore-runners to this years upcoming event. (or at least how I remember it - feel free to correct me)

Old School Nats 2008  -  Beta Test/Early Access
It all started back in mid 2008 when I was a fresh face on the oldschool scene and I was invited to the 2008 OS Nats, which was being held as a camp out at Vinegar Hill for that particular year.

I guess this was the equivalent of a beta test version of the event even though we had no idea at the time.

Wagnats Zero  -  April 10-13  2009
My memory is hazy around this part but it involved @Leebo3, @Steelies and @lowlife getting together at Beach-Hop in late March 2009 and discussing wagon roadtrips and camping with pals and a plan was created that we needed to merge these 2 different yet familial times into to get away for a weekend. It was at Beach Hop that year that we agreed on Easter in April 2009 to get-together,

The first 4 wags to attend were. @Leebo3, @Steelies, me, @lowlife
image.png.3f0c3a760fb3110f6f01f42d983f3d8b.png

After returning from this first hastily thrown  together weekend, we got right onto creating a bigger and better event for the following year.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wagnats One  -  January 29-31  2010

A couple of memories
The Rangitikei River rose over 2 metres overnight while we slept and we were camped right on the edge of the river. It could have ended very badly had it gone up much further.
A good size contingent from Hamilton came down and partied like it was 1999.

image.png.dc3dd34a37b07cf848d0835e1d8d4778.png

(this used to have a 2+ metre drop to the river)

Wagnats Two  -  January 28-31  2011

image.png.25c7114c84a9e8da361b079f8b75aa22.png

Wagnats Three  -  February 1-6 2012

It was here that we finally settled on Watangi day being the central day for sacrificing blood, sweat and beers to the wag gods.

image.png.ba441dcb1b2f0ecbf2cd9ea615d792e8.png

• Like 5

Wagnats Seven  -  February 5-8 2016

Wagnats Eight  -  February 1-7 2017

Wagnats Nine  -  February 1-6 2018

So while this year isn't exactly "Wagnats 10" it's the tenth one if you count the first wag camp at Vinegar Hill way back in 2009.

I'll probably add some fun tidbits to these posts as time allows, but I wanted to get this out 4 weeks before this years Wagnats to show you all what you are missing out on if you don't come along...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Seedy Al said:

van.

van.

van.

van.

van.

van.

van.

Cool story bro...

xoxo :wink:

• Like 8

So I've priced up to get some more Wagoneers plaques made up, who needs one? $50 a pop and you'll need to collect it from Vinegar Hill over Wagnats week.

You also have to own a Wagoneer worthy wagon, of course and without sounding like a dick, not anyone can buy one, it is a badge of being a worthy Wagoneer.

I'll be putting the order in next Monday so speak now or forever hold your piece. Spread the word.

kevin-federline-gang-signs.jpg

Orders

1. KK
  2. Twizzler
  3. Niki
  4. the Bogan
  5. Terry
  6. Seedy
  7. Beaver
  8. Bizzo
  9. Drunken
  10. Kelvin