Tumeke's Wolseley 6/110 discussion

Tumeke

For the powerfile I found that the cheap belts from bunnings broke very easily which I found super annoying.

Mitre10 bosch belts were better, but they only seem to stock the 80 grit ones which take ages to grind down a weld.

I bought some of these. https://www.trademe.co.nz/building-renovation/tools/power-tools/sanders/auction-1505037600.htm

The joint is glued and taped so lasted ages. They wore out rather than broke.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yup went with the previous owner the day he bought it 20 or so years back to drive his other car back. Been indoors for friggin ages. So should be pretty sound it impressed me how well it got up onto the far side of the Speedo and could sit there effortlessly.

• Like 1

Those bmc c series motors arent big fire breathers but they are good torque makers and are quite adequate for what they do in the wolseleys 

If you ever found an austin Healey head and appropriate manifolds and carbs you would be looking at another 20ish horespower 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Adoom said:

For the powerfile I found that the cheap belts from bunnings broke very easily which I found super annoying.

Mitre10 bosch belts were better, but they only seem to stock the 80 grit ones which take ages to grind down a weld.

I bought some of these. https://www.trademe.co.nz/building-renovation/tools/power-tools/sanders/auction-1505037600.htm

The joint is glued and taped so lasted ages. They wore out rather than broke.

this^

i found not setting the speed so high helped with them not breaking.

or might of been the change in brand...

Also 1+ on the powerfiles 

awesome for rust repair work 

ended up getting the black and decker one as have found some of the newer ozito stuff is a bit hit and miss 

but don't forget to stock up on the belts as they don't last long too.

also liking the quick progress 

10 hours ago, piazzanoob said:

this^

i found not setting the speed so high helped with them not breaking.

or might of been the change in brand...

Done all the windscreen surrounds on 1.5 belts. 

I've actually had huge success with Ozito. My electric chainsaw has felled much many a large Totara tree and turned it into burning logs. They are quiet so don't alert people to what you are doing, and as long as you keep your blade sharp it's like a knife through butter.

As a home gamer, Ozito suits most of my needs.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Muncie said:

I've eatin Bk off the picnic tables in the back at 110mph in that car. You score it off a guy in pakuranga? Collect from Silverdale?

Fuck this made me laugh.  Might want to change that sweet Barry the Bogan yarn to 'an indicated 110mph'.  

• Like 2