64Valiants Scooters.

64valiant

Erm found out why my speedo stopped working. 

SI_20181022_214058.thumb.jpg.007ac368302d11ee5ca84f821c8dd9c0.jpg

It seems to have snapped in the kink down by the wheel which wasn't so helpful. But hopefully have a new gear set for it and a new cable this week. 

The hole fuel pissing down the back wheel I'll have a closer look and see where its leaking from in the light. It's coming from some where in the carb set up. Enough to make a little Leake but not enough for it to piss everywhere like my needle is stuck open. Or is it..... 

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i now have a spare clutch and two gear cables for the vespa, these will live in it while i ride around the country side with it.

also got a new speedo cable with a new worm drive that will hopefully correct my speedo for me.

44614929_2528802587146412_57201482807388

off home i go to install the speedo and get this bad boy rolling again.

EDIT: all thanks to Christiaan at retro scooter for these over night parts from japan (Auckland)

PS support your local scooter lord NZ Scootercare he is still the man!!!!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, waspman said:

Could be the Veglia (vague liar) speedo, had that issue on one of mine and a little silicone spray into the back of the speedo did the trick

Put a drill with a square drive in the back of it and chucked it in reverse. Speedo is perfect at all angles. 

• Like 1

I checked my assorted bolts and cut one down to make the pin for the engine cover. 

Dont think this one is going to fall off now with my erratic riding and driving if it's on the back of a ute/car for some unknown reason. 

SI_20181030_110830.thumb.jpg.89e0c31ab1ff900feb1e86f8c21a2653.jpg

SI_20181030_110900.thumb.jpg.83f10ad2c934adc82bfa388fd9a2f059.jpg

Had to get the radiator fixed in the Subaru and had to get to an appointment so quickly fixed it and on my way again. 

I drilled through the panel and plug welded it as previously it didn't have much holding it in. I used a 5mm drill bit to begin with drilling it out and that was the size of the weld/join that was holding the old knob on. Ended up stepping it up to a 7mm size hole to get right in there. 

Might buy a push bike speedo this week and see if I can get that thing working. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, flyingbrick said:

Good story :-D

You missed the part where your headlight skewer fell out, lol.

Such good fun.

I have recruited someone else for a ride on sunday if anyones keen. He has a big triumph thing but will dawdle with us.

yeah we going to do one sat arvo as well.

keen to do the same roads but go straight instead on turning left this time. and go get a beer in the dry weather

• Like 1

Man the speedcocks wanted to go for a burn tonight and I said yes. Slapped my speedo cable down the hole and put a bolt in where it needed to go and off I went. 

But fuck me. My speedo actually works now! Supper smooth and steady. 

Seems when I'm doing about 100kms that it sits on the 60mph part. Pretty dam happy with slapping it together 

• Like 3