Naratechwin's 1981 Honda Accord

Naratechwin

Weekend ended well!
Got the engine & trans out, a ton of small things needed for the manual swap then finally pulled a pile of parts for other Honda nuts. One of these Honda Nuts was a local and wanted to strip out the body to build up his parts bins, so luckily the rest of the car is off to good use! Now focusing on moving flat and in around a weeks time the yellow Honda comes apart!
W3TrslG.jpg

2OlMbuP.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Done moving!
Promptly trashed what was a pristine garage floor tearing apart the Yellow Accord, and had the driveline out by the end of my first weekend here. Found some rust on a chassis rail under the battery that'll need some attention. Will spend the coming week after work sorting out that, fitting out the interior with manual specific bits and hopefully next weekend I can drop in the replacement driveline!

rODFad4.jpg

cadHNMQ.jpg

1DTj1EJ.jpg

• Like 1

Yet another productive week!
Spent the weeknights after work cleaning up the engine bay and reassembling the interior, in some spots I'd found almost 1/2 inch thick of oil on the cross-member, so totally worth while!

yFUEnKj.jpg

xNJ0cx2.jpg

Dropped the motor & trans in Fri evening and spent the weekend putting everything together, gave it a hoon around the block sat evening without the front end fascia on, got many odd looks but one hell of a rewarding experience. Sunday I'd put the last few things together and she ran great! Still need to work out a few minor things (like getting a WOF).

2lcPmPq.jpg

Been surprisingly simple working on this ol' Honda, probably the ideal car to learn on, and looking forward to learning more on it in the coming months when I rebuild the original engine and touch up exterior/interior things.

XiMDzEA.jpg

• Like 6