Kimjon's tall bike to save the world

Kimjon

After finishing the drift trike, I needed a quick and achievable project to take on for an easy win.

Talking to an avid cyclist friend of mine, he casually asked if I'd heard of "tall bikes save the world"? "WTF are you on about", was my reply! But when home I googled it and then couldn't stop thinking about it...so:

IMG_20171208_155624.thumb.jpg.7795b1ce22087199398676a76f669762.jpg

IMG_20171223_130127.thumb.jpg.c68a7172ec5f054f4b0d51b03a082ccd.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Kiwibirdman said:

That looks like a lot of fun. 

Would it work to have the chain wheel on the pedals (up top) go down to the original front then a second chain to the rear sprockets. This would give at least 5 gears. It looked pretty high geared to me.

Yes, absolutely.

I was going to do it that way, but thought it would be cleaner this way.

Both ways I could still run a rear derailleur and use the rear cassette, but for what it's for (just for fun) I didn't want to over complicate it.

• Like 1

Can confirm built one of these a couple of years ago as my only bike for riding to work when my car breaks down etc, suprisingly nice to ride its like riding a normal bike but you get to wave to truck drivers haha. Came off it a couple of months ago riding home from the pub and crashed into a fence so shes out of action but maybe its worth giving it sone attention and going for a tall bike cruise?

FB_IMG_1487497372345.jpg

• Like 6