Sign in to follow this  
Esky_addict

Doof Doofs

I have one of these 5 channel beasts at home (pic off net), one of the last high quality amps Sony made in Japan these things are huge. Will install it again one of these days.

Sony Amp.jpg

• Like 3

On 30/05/2018 at 19:25, Muncie said:

Just bought this throwback to the 90s brand new in the box. Now to see if it can run some subs all the instructions are hilarious showing a tapedeck.

Built before amps had crossovers in them it used to have to be plugged into a companion box to get low pass curiously it can run as a 3 channel with this Eq box. As my headunit has a sub-out i wouldn't mind betting it'll work and sound beautiful.

If it cant run them i have something else suitable but not as cool.

Screenshot_20180530-192436_Trade Me.jpg

If anyone is keen on this its for sale pm me. Decided to only run 2 amps and i need to use my 4 channel for the application.

Just put some speakers in my van the fronts and rears work sweet with fm/am, but only the fronts work with the aux?

Tried a different head unit but still have the same problem

What's wrong?

This might be basic but have you tried a different aux cord? Could only be getting mono not stereo through the cord? I have had a similar problem with a faulty cord before. 

• Like 3

^ I'm picking it's the cord, or the source unit has a cover or something preventing full engagement of the plug so only one contact is working.

• Like 1

Might wanna check where your speaker channels are too. You'll probably find one channel is running to both front speakers instead of both left speakers, for example.

• Like 1