Info Needed: G63B/4G63 Bolt Sizes

bonkas

Hey Guys,

Hopefully someone can help me here. While my engine has been in bits it seems my container of bolts has been mixed up with another vehicles...

My New Pistons, Rods, Crank, Block and Flywheel are at the engine builders being lightened, balanced etc.

Issue I have is they need the pressure plate bolts and the crank pulley bolt - neither of wich I can find.

Does anyone know what these should be so I can find/buy some more?

Yep I have both CAPS and ASA but the oldest vehicle they have is a 87 L200 which seems to also have the G63B engine, this is where I pulled these part numbers from.

No-one has a scrap G63B or 4g63 lying around I can scavenge the other required bolts from?

I'll have a number of crank pulley bolts I can post one, but just go down to Mitsubishi and order one. They're quite often stretched so I buy new ones.

As for pressure plate ones, I don't have those but if Mitsubishi don't have them just go to a bolt place with your flywheel and get some that fit. Another thing I don't like using second hand bolts for.

Have you lost the bolts for sure, or you just don't know which is which?

Crank pulley bolt looks like this:

June%2005%20001.jpg

And flywheel bolts look like this:

1g_flywheel_bolts.jpg

If you have lost them completely, you should be able to buy them from Mitsubishi. If getting second hand bolts, make sure you get the correct length flywheel bolts as they are different between auto and manual.

Yup i've ordered pressure plate bolts and the crank bolt, I believe there is also a spacer that goes with the crank bolt which I also cannot find - Due to other people working on different vehicle and having a disregard for other people stuff all my nuts and bolts have been moved, mixed up with other vehicles stuff etc, only things I have been able to identify as mine is the pulleys and gears etc.

grrr makes me mad, so much for a straightforward re-assembly.