Kimjons Go-ped out of leftovers thread.

Kimjon

I've always loved playing around with gopeds. I've probably made about 10 of them, mostly from broken ones that people have given up on.

Having made so many, you end up with a few spare parts lying around. I looked at the "graveyard" the other day and thought hmmmm - I wonder????

IMG_20170405_172144.thumb.jpg.dbf304fd687dcd736c484ad9f9f16f7b.jpg

So here goes...

Then I kind of got in the zone and forgot to take pictures...oppps?

But I made:

-An adapter for the air filter

-Cut up an RC car expansion chamber and made it fit this application.

-And machined up some fiddly little stuff to adapt the carburetor to take a cable, as the original was driven by a RC servo.

IMG_20171208_142521.thumb.jpg.365017f59f615ce402d303419def93ab.jpg

IMG_20171208_142516.thumb.jpg.a0a01f3ecbe7a205d637c205f4bdf348.jpg

I fitted a deck and other bits left over from past goped projects. Replaced all the old fuel lines with new.

Pulled the starter...brommm brommmm...yeah buddy, success!!!!

• Like 7

I've been riding my newly made goped around for about a week now...goes awesome, not too loud, quite fast, reliable... yada yada yada...

So then inspired by getting back on this goped, I dug out my other two that were buried behind a mountain of shit in my shed... no easy task.

Holly fuck they're fast! It's been so long since I've ridden them I truly forgot just how insane the power band is, I nearly flipped it first go!

IMG_20171215_172452.thumb.jpg.57fb16ecd3132dcbf0124522bb24a159.jpg

The red one (pictured in the middle) is geared lower and has a brutal transition between slow and hold the fuck on!

The blue one pulls like a school boy from slow right up to warp speed, but is far smoother to ride. In a straight line the blue one is fastest.

• Like 4