Kirk28’s 330 280c caddy wagon

kirk28

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, igor said:

I think they suit it. A bit understated, not in your face like turbos but similar. Might be a slightly different story on a wagon though. Have to suck it and see.

Yeah hard to say, but they fill the guard up more and are period correct... these Hotwire rip offs look good too...

03CD29A8-697C-4EB5-89B2-C4FBDB9EC35C.jpeg

E8530028-33C4-4B5F-AB61-0DFA52B096D3.jpeg

5E742D14-89A3-4DAD-9E91-8D64791FFECA.jpeg

On 08/12/2017 at 07:37, kicker said:

I've got one I'm not using (have a Z wheel instead at the mo) that I should probably get rid of in the name of dehoarding

AtgvO9E.jpg

Hey man you were saying you had factory central locking gear, I’ve noticed that the JDM controls apart from having auto up and down for the driver also has a “rear door lock” button. Do these JDM 330s only have central locking for the rear doors? 

CA297DE1-8441-4C05-977E-0F549D5A572A.jpeg

Cool wagon! I was going to say a friend in Perth has just recently got a 260c wagon but it looks like you already know Shea. Hot wires would look really sweet, would look really good with that brown colour.

whats the difference in spec with a 280 vs a 260 out of curiosity? 

2.6 vs 2.8 basically.

They're all export level trim which isn't quite as pimp as the Japanese market trim in the Cedric and Gloria. The C follows the Cedric aesthetic more than the Gloria one as well.

(They're the same basic car come the 230 and 330 series.  Prior to that were still in their respective Prince and Nissan guises of being competing market cars)

8 hours ago, kirk28 said:

Hey man you were saying you had factory central locking gear, I’ve noticed that the JDM controls apart from having auto up and down for the driver also has a “rear door lock” button. Do these JDM 330s only have central locking for the rear doors? 

CA297DE1-8441-4C05-977E-0F549D5A572A.jpeg

The set I have looks like it has a switch on the drivers door and solenoids on the other 3. Maybe the rear door lock is just a safety feature.

rKty1Qz.jpg

I laugh that they put electric on the cargo but not on the door - was an option i spose like Kirks.

330 means still the double a arm? front end so kingspring superlow HQ 6 cyl springs will lower it around 60mm in front. Cant remember the shock to suit but thats also holden, then 2 inch blocks or reset leaves by 2 inches and a sedan sits level to the sills (might need a bit more in the back to even it up)

Heres what my old sedan looked like - on 16x7's and 205/55r16 (not to everyones taste)

DSCF9130.JPG

• Like 1

Just now, kicker said:

Hoo wee that chrome looks good!

I should probably hunt down a nicer rear bumper myself

Rear bumpers for these wagons are hard to find..the sedans much easier..  the rear bumper I’ve got from Japan was stored for many years, it’s actually from a Gloria so has the reversing lights in the actual bumper.. it cost a fortune.

lucky for me at the same time some impossibly rare woodgrain panels came up for auction in Japan and I got those too.. once again they cost a fortune but meh what are you going to do? These parts hardly exist anymore. 

The front bumper in the thread is coming from Tasmania and is reasonably priced especially considering it’s NOS.. harder part will be finding front over riders that can do it justice; I prob need NOS to match.

1 minute ago, 73crownwagon said:

Looollzzz I was watching those wood grain tail light covers also. Good thing I didnt end up bidding since you got them.

Yeah and I would have gone to the moon on them too, because once I started bidding on the bumper... I realised it has reversing lights in them so I needed the woodgrain ones too and I’d probably never find another set! I’m farkrn bad at auctions I’ll keep going just to win but these ones I really did need! Would love to find a full lens set like some had...wonder if these are just reflectors? ... wonder why they put full lens’ on base models? The rear lights on these things have always tripped me out, so small .

70D34B7A-5DC1-4859-9889-6895624966E2.jpeg

2201A2DC-CC97-49C7-8343-086092DD4EFC.jpeg

• Like 1