Bought a TT133 to track. Should I build the 2t?

OldNathan

Right. Acquired a TT133 manual Corona the other day.  I want something to beat around the track again and this fits most categories,  if I shut my eyes. Anyway.  It has a 2T. Single cam single carb. I see differing stories on results from these engines.  

I have access to help with  stripping down engine no worries. Also to rebuild with high comp pistons, cam etc, no worries. Also to tune carbs no worries. But I don't want to do wiring. So rules out efi.  

I really want something that screams but doesn't have to be fast. Just something that can take a thrashing.  

I figured staying 2t was cheaper with it already being w40 (also have spare 50) with bellhousing and clutch not needing to be sourced. 

Considered 4age, more money and need new box etc. If I did that I would go 7age I think.  

Am I silly for thinking of throwing some coin at the 2t? Some say they rev with some decent 12:1 gear and are perfect to thrash around.  Some say no.  What's the general consensus? 

I also have access to factory twin carbs and manifold.  Any good or would they be restrictive if I built the engine? 

Any tid bits would be helpful in my direction. 

Cheers guys

31 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

have a worked 2t with twin 45's in ma ke25 coupe. 130hp at the wheels

i have had issues with oil pump, get a good one.  nah go hard on it there cool little engines.

32jtpysr.mxu.jpg

Mate thanks heaps so good to hear from someone that has one. When you say worked what's been done?  

the three C's

Carbs

cam

compression

built one years ago for the rally car.

2T-B base engine (higher comp.), skimmed / ported head, mild-ish cam (kelford F59) flows , lightened flywheel, twin DHLA 40's.  was a fun wee engine that kept the clubman $AGE's honest.

currently have similar set up on 3T base with 45 DHLA's, but feel i should go back to 1600 for shits and giggles

• Like 1