666DAN's HZ Holden Wagon banter

666DAN

That tailgate appears to be made of mainly metal in the lower third. I'd say its as near as you are likley to find to a minter! :tongue:

Cracking the bog water traps off is a good move, but not sold on deliberate rust, esp as  an old HQs surf wags will likley have more than enough non-intentional rust...

Penetrol or similar might keep it from going too far once it looks as you want it?

Yeah bro that looks better,  worst rust is under the handle?  From shitty bog? As azzurro says they usually rust along the bottom edge,   wonder what it looks like inside? 

I'd be looking at getting it acid dipped or something if the frame is good. Sorry to go on, but shes a fucking sweet wag!!

The rust is the least of the problem, it is so bent out of shape its ridiculous. The back side of it is pretty clean but it is a cheap reproduction panel that fits really poorly so like I said I'm really not fussed at this point.

The dark rust is from water getting under the 12mm thick layer of bog.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...