• 1 month later...
  • Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, CUL8R said:

What throttle bodies are you using?

Should sound raucus indeed. How come the 4.1 rather than say a Barra or even AU-EL?

Saw you driving past couple weeks ago with a big sheet of panel steel!

Yeah get the steel from work... got a puncher in the trailer that day out side my girls school.... ( not the best day iv had) need with me just dragging the trailer home with 1 flat tyre..

As for the 4.1 mate ....i have all ways wanted a straight 6 mk3 and this kinda came about by just wanting to slap together a burnout car .

The motor came up and was within my budget and ticked some box's being manual . And it was a fresh rebuilt race motor so that was a bonus... and then as I got into working in the car it turned out to not be a rust bucket.. there is room for a barra now but this will do the job nicel.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
Just now, Hurmeez said:

Are you using the standard injector ports for your IACV and vacuum reservoir? Thats a good idea that I hadn't considered. How are you holding them in and stopping them from popping out in the event of a backfire? Looking really good so far! 

Cheers man.

You could use them and make tabs to where the mounts of the injector rails goes to..

But mine had 2 lots.  Injector holes and IACV holes. So j used the standard holes and rail. Just cut it up to match the the ITBs. And it's just held on with the factory 2 small tabs.  

The rail itself looks like an injector rail and has 6 small tubes with o rings on each end.

• Like 1

I see. That's interesting, perhaps the V10s are slightly different to the I6s because I don't remember any other ports on the body. I'm planning on drilling and tapping some small barb fittings into the runners and plumbing them into a fabricated reservoir that sits on top of the injectors. It should look good and cover up the plastic tops of the injectors. I think I'll put a frost plug type bung in the standard injector port. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hurmeez said:

I see. That's interesting, perhaps the V10s are slightly different to the I6s because I don't remember any other ports on the body. I'm planning on drilling and tapping some small barb fittings into the runners and plumbing them into a fabricated reservoir that sits on top of the injectors. It should look good and cover up the plastic tops of the injectors. I think I'll put a frost plug type bung in the standard injector port. 

If you got the rails with it you could just use that and the injector holes and just use small tubes with o ring at each end instead of the injectors.

And use that as the IACV system.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, d.p.n.s said:

If you got the rails with it you could just use that and the injector holes and just use small tubes with o ring at each end instead of the injectors.

And use that as the IACV system.

That's a good idea actually. I'll have to look at it a bit more. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Valiant said:

I have a 25 spline LSD center you gave me years ago.

I've been saving it for a rainy day, would you like it back?

For some reason I thought that might have been a 28 spline ( bloody long time ago). Do you have a need for It?. As I'm sure I'll find 1.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Valiant said:

I'm sure it's 25 spline.

I'll put it in the truck now and hand it over tomorrow night.

That's awesome

Very much appreciated Pete.

Was it just the carrier or does it have a crown wheel.on It? And ate you sure you don't need it?

1 minute ago, RUNAMUCK said:

Once you find a 25 spline lsd for it, I've got all the specs so you can check it/shim it up before it enters service Dan. 

Good man ...that's awesome.

Much appreciated.

Got to get some discs/ calipers mounted on it first then I'll put it together.

Cheers Bart