• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Hurmeez said:

I've been very interested in how you plan to do your filter setup. Looks great so far and I'm keen to see how it turns out!

cheers man its been a head scratchier..i didnt want it to look cheap and half arsed ...could have just made a box in the bay and feed air to it via a hose......but i want the wank value of seeing the ITBs when you open the bonnet ....lol.

a lot easier than whet your upto mate.....way to precise work for me.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MACKAZ said:

Love your work! I am honestly stunned with the quality of this car. I've always wanted an Aussie Cortina but with a carbed Intech 4.0l shoehorned into it. 

im stunned as well mate...lol ..just wanted to try my hardest and see what i can actually do..its not perfect but im happy with it so far man.....still only basic tools as well and so far 98%all me......and fuck thats a cool feeling..

i have wanted a aussie mk3 for probably as long as i have wanted a xa coupe..(this one was cheaper)  coming from a race car it had a cool inlet manifold and 350 holly but i was about to fall a sleep one night and had an idea.........and its coming up to 2 years soon hahaha

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, yoeddynz said:

Your workmanship on the infilling around the tank is great! It's looking very factory.

Damn I need to get or make myself a bead roller. 

thanks mate.

the bead roller is only 8" but has made the things i do look alot better..

i love it..

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, kyteler said:

The hole in the bonnet looks well done, neat setup but I can't help but think it would look a whole lot cooler if it had a louvred section instead like oldschool race bonnets?  I mean, you've already cut the hole so it is what it is but maybe worth a look?

i did think about that and looked at a lot of different pics.

but i have had a picture in my head for a long time now of the look i want....and its getting there.

i fully understand it wont be everyone's cut of tea but it will be the mk3 iv always wanted...

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Lookin great so far mate. Don't know if I might have missed it in a previous post but I'm wondering about baffling in your tank. Does the tank come with some already or do you reckon the pump hanger will be enough to prevent any starvation issues? Just starting to think about ways to do my tank.

10 minutes ago, Hurmeez said:

Lookin great so far mate. Don't know if I might have missed it in a previous post but I'm wondering about baffling in your tank. Does the tank come with some already or do you reckon the pump hanger will be enough to prevent any starvation issues? Just starting to think about ways to do my tank.

to be honest mate no the tank is a factory reproduction of a 65-69 mustang so no baffling at all...

its a bit different to most cars ive build in that i normal build something a want to race/track day /hill climb  ..and i would use surge tanks and baffled tanks but this car wont do any of that.

even ford Australia described the 6 cylinder cortina as a lead tipped arrow that was fast in a straight line and wouldn't go around a corner.....so  with that i believe the factory ba turbo intank pump with small surge capacity will do the job for me...and i wanted ease of parts

you might want to go baffled and intank ....at least the wagon has a underbody tank like the van? and not the side tank like sedans......i think

• Like 1