d.p.n.s mk3 discussion

d.p.n.s

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, BlownCorona said:

if its working for the drift cars, maybe its pushing air down through the engine bay around the back of the engine and under the car?

Drift cars prob go slow enough there isnt a high pressure area at the base of the screen. At the low speed they realistically operate at its unlik6to be an issue.

At "100kms" cruising speed you dont want air being pushed into the engine bay and airflow through the rad being slowed. AnD overheating 

• Like 2

Nice work on the shifter, one thing I noticed as I started to adjust shifter throw in my racecar was when the fore /aft throw was under abot 90mm it became much more difficult to cleanly select a gear at pace.. 

I settled on 100mm and its awesome. 8-)

• Like 1

Just now, mjrstar said:

Nice work on the shifter, one thing I noticed as I started to adjust shifter throw in my racecar was when the fore /aft throw was under abot 90mm it became much more difficult to cleanly select a gear at pace.. 

I settled on 100mm and its awesome. 8-)

cheers man.

true....it feels good when i sit in it making engine noises ...feels even better than the one i bought off the shelf for my mk5....about the same throw but much nicer..and seleect reverse very well.

• 1 month later...
Just now, yoeddynz said:

Great work and always an interesting read. However....I think you might just need some new gloves... 

shift7.jpg.36ff7b120509c4c95acd527deb382cf8.jpg

Lol....strange enough the most common commitment get..I do have a bag of them ...but theh got to be propper fucked before i grab another. 

Oh and my safety boots