d.p.n.s mk3 discussion

d.p.n.s

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Valiant said:

Yeah sounds about right. Keep in mind that it will be dry as a bone inside. I'd pull it to bits give it a good clean and soak all the bits in oil then check it again.

yeah it was 150 foot the first time it slipped

• Like 1

^this. The lsd's in my holden utes used to get a bit clunky, suck all the old oil out, replace with good lsd oil and sometimes an additive, head to nearest large empty carpark and perform slow rolling figure 8's (no smoke). Problem fixed. Have done this on around 8 lsd cars.

• Like 1

They had shims factory too. You need to measure the depth to the face of the taper cone. Book has the spec for what it should be. There's also a minimum free length of the springs too. (We has replacement ones made once, the guy at the different shop didn't even know there was a spec for them)

Book is Here, come grab it any time.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RUNAMUCK said:

They had shims factory too. You need to measure the depth to the face of the taper cone. Book has the spec for what it should be. There's also a minimum free length of the springs too. (We has replacement ones made once, the guy at the different shop didn't even know there was a spec for them)

Book is Here, come grab it any time.

sweet cheer mate

ill grab it when im at the stage of putting it all back together...its in oil wrapped in clingflim till then..

• Like 1

The one that we shimmer up was tighter than a Scottish jew.  

Sharn,  the old boy said I think this lsd is fucked.  (The one with new springs etc) this fucking thing lights up round corners all the time. So I said drop.a.skid. so he did. Yeah, spins this side. I got to the other side, do a skid again. Yep spins that one too. Ah there's your problem. Both the rear tyres were coozed. Lol

/ling

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Hurmeez said:

Those trumpets look very smart! Are they just a slip fit onto an O-ring? What are your plans for filters?

They are a slip fit and held on by 3 grub screws....but tight enough for 1 probably if I drilled in the throttle body a weekend bit.

As for filters.   Not sure.want to make a big sealed airbox in the engine bay with that seals when the bonnet shuts.. and maybe have a small panel filter in that where the air feed is...but if that does work.......... worse case .micro mesh filters inside the trumpets.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Hurmeez said:

How do you deal with the engine moving around on its mounts with a bonnet sealing box? Do you just use really thick cushy rubber to line the sealing edges?

Pretty much mate...

The last 1 I ever did was engine bay mounted (so solid mounted) the engine only moved about and inch so the holes for intake runners were oval and sealed with strips of glued foam....

But I will worry about that when I get to it....coming up to Xmas now so work will slow down on it till new year I would imagine.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

can I make a suggestion without sounding like a know it all

that gearbox crossmember- I have seen a few like that where the weight is offset from the mounts a fair distance, and they usually have a lot of flex, ie enough to fail cert

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, cletus said:

can I make a suggestion without sounding like a know it all

that gearbox crossmember- I have seen a few like that where the weight is offset from the mounts a fair distance, and they usually have a lot of flex, ie enough to fail cert

please mate...make a suggestion

make some support mounts further back?