Kimjon's evolution of the drift trike

Kimjon

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Truenotch said:

Where do you live Kimjon? I just noticed the "Waikato" under your username... You do some cool stuff and it'd be great to check it out sometime. 

Your welcome to come out if you had nothing better to do. I tend to always have a small project on the go, along the lines of these drift trikes etc...

I'm not trade qualified, just a self taught butcher, so prepare yourself by lowering any expectations :-)

3 hours ago, 63Ragtop said:

what are these engines and where do you get them from?

you do have some choice toys!

Thanks, making up for a (perceived) deprived childhood :-).

My go-to engine of choice these days are the 49cc mini quad engines. They have enough power for drift trikes and kids gokarts. Next step up are the 6.5hp Honda or clone engines...then after that you're looking at a motorbike engine.

The 49cc motors are $100 new on trademe, plus you'll want an exhaust for another $30.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Kind of forgot about this project. 

Started on making a motor. Using a Honda clone, I'll do the usual modifications to make it faster...plus add my own flavour to it as well.

IMG_20171126_131611.thumb.jpg.ad4a2d4b3a787fc16ad424ea53c0401c.jpg

Engine mounts, clutch, chain and sprockets...plus the exhaust up next. But all in good time...