piazzanoob's 1964 ford Galaxie 500 seeedaan

piazzanoob

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Snoozin said:

I have a pair of plain black 6.5" speaker grilles if you want them man, they'll look a bit less um, spidery.

Haha

yeah that would be good if you could.

did think it looked a bit average with them and they don't really protect the speakers from the sun either.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/22/2018 at 13:49, piazzanoob said:

Haha

yeah that would be good if you could.

did think it looked a bit average with them and they don't really protect the speakers from the sun either.

Too easy, pop around some time and grab em.

• 2 weeks later...

Mate, having that sitting up there on those gives me the shits just looking at it.  Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck that.  

..with that said, I would have probably done something similar but because I did it I wouldn't care as much.  Can you weld a brace between the two supports?  or a couple of them.  I'm scared they'll fuck off and fold over if there's some manner of heavy pushing or work on the car but if they're tied together solidly that should help to eliminate that.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, kyteler said:

Mate, having that sitting up there on those gives me the shits just looking at it.  Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck that.  

..with that said, I would have probably done something similar but because I did it I wouldn't care as much.  Can you weld a brace between the two supports?  or a couple of them.  I'm scared they'll fuck off and fold over if there's some manner of heavy pushing or work on the car but if they're tied together solidly that should help to eliminate that.

Could put some braces but I liked the idea of being able to go under the car while on a creaper seat. 

Plus just the stands felt sufficient enough for my liking. 

3 hours ago, Nominal said:

Scarier than a speed singles night?

Just remember that gravity doesn't care if you get crushed.   Did something similar with the rear of a chevette years ago to drop the diff, nearly ended in tears.

Yeah mate much scarier then that night. Ended up getting a wing man mate to come which helped that night from standing there awkwardly. Also had some good sharns but none good enough bothering with getting their numbers.

Yeah the jacking process wasn't much of an enjoyable one to say the least haha 

4 minutes ago, f100_dreamin said:

to be fair it looks better than the multi wood block setup you were using initially haha,

Looks like your making good progress on the work so far,

Haha yeah much better.

need to keep up to speed with the progress of the build thread. But updating it becomes a much bigger job than working on the car in my opinion.

Sills are all done and painted and the car is currently in the blast booth getting sandblasted underneath then I'll be painting the whole underside for the rest of today. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tortron said:

Better off jacking one side up and support it with 2x4s m8

With the amount of work involved in the sills yeah nah fuck that. 

Plus trying to pull dents out bog it sand it and paint it isn't that easy at the low height while trying to do a reasonable job of it 

Plus old man wouldn't help if it was that low due to old back etc so that was more of the deciding factor