piazzanoob's 1964 ford Galaxie 500 seeedaan

piazzanoob

1 hour ago, cletus said:

No spot for an upper anchorage can be covered by a b pillar exemption. 

Would have to look at the cant rail to make sure an upper anchorage cant be fitted or was never fitted factory- a lot of cars of that era had anchorages in there as an option.

Are the lower anchorages factory? Or have you fitted them?

The lower anchorages I believe are not factory. I fitted them as car came with none.

the seatbelts come out of the bronze's 63 galaxie but his had the factory mounting points.

but mine already had some holes there so I just used those holes and bought the correct plates and bolts to suit it.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
15 hours ago, 64vauxhall said:

can confirm the wheels do look crap.    the steelies look fucken great on this car.

On 5/3/2018 at 07:42, nzed said:

ps. keep the black stock rims on it... or get them widened and keep them! looks grouse as.

this is the plan!

On 5/3/2018 at 07:42, nzed said:

looks bloody good now man!

shame about the trans but be well worth the money spent.

So is it all legal now?

cheers

glad i got the trans done as don't have to stress about it on any long trips if it does any.

And nah still no legal 

will be trying to keep the build thread updated as is abit behind now

• Like 1

2 hours ago, f100_dreamin said:

Is Tony at CMS out of Jail now? 

Haha yeah

i didn't know anything about that until after the work was done through the grapevine.

just him and another guy Matt is working there.

hes has a bit of work on though 

On 05/05/2018 at 15:51, piazzanoob said:

Haha yeah

i didn't know anything about that until after the work was done through the grapevine.

just him and another guy Matt is working there.

hes has a bit of work on though 

Yeah I used Matt to do the floors on the Belair, very talented fabricator. I knew Matt from his own shop Tin tricks. 

I only found out about why Tony went away after I had the work done, Had I known before hand I wouldn’t have used him 

I've got a factory service manual here if you need anything from that. My experience in getting computer alignment setups to work on the Mercury was a bit similar - clamps don't fit inside arches, can't roll it forwards and back enough, etc etc. The printer did work OK though.

Bring back string/tape measure/spirit levels!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Nominal said:

I've got a factory service manual here if you need anything from that. My experience in getting computer alignment setups to work on the Mercury was a bit similar - clamps don't fit inside arches, can't roll it forwards and back enough, etc etc. The printer did work OK though.

Bring back string/tape measure/spirit levels!

Cheers will keep in mind if I need something 

Yeah hard thing is finding anyone with spec's or someone who understands suspension and steering geometry. As everyone now just gets taught if it's in the green it's good.

also trying to push these tanks also doesn't help haha

yeah I'm glad it didn't say on the printout too that it's custom specs as then the engineer will question it as edited it to suit within spec haha.

still have to use a measure tape every now and again for when issues are still present after alignments