piazzanoob's 1964 ford Galaxie 500 seeedaan

piazzanoob

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, f100_dreamin said:

Awesome man, I bet you cant wait to have this out and about cruising!!

Yeah but there is still a big amount of work and money involved to where it's a good reliable car. 

But have driven it quite abit as is with US plates and no wof and rego just the compliance paperwork. So most of the big buzz I got from driving it has worn off abit but still enjoy the shit out of driving it. The hori reactions are the best tbh haha 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, piazzanoob said:

Yeah but there is still a big amount of work and money involved to where it's a good reliable car. 

But have driven it quite abit as is with US plates and no wof and rego just the compliance paperwork. So most of the big buzz I got from driving it has worn off abit but still enjoy the shit out of driving it. The hori reactions are the best tbh haha 

Yeah I’m with you there. But once you get it right you’ll be set.  

I haven’t had to do sweet f.a to the Belair since I got it on the road and we have clocked up some serious Miles in it. The good thing with these old cars is that they are nice and simple so getting them reliable is fairly easy. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, f100_dreamin said:

Yeah I’m with you there. But once you get it right you’ll be set.  

I haven’t had to do sweet f.a to the Belair since I got it on the road and we have clocked up some serious Miles in it. The good thing with these old cars is that they are nice and simple so getting them reliable is fairly easy. 

Yeah that's true 

main thing to do is a nice carb and tune 

and give the cooling system a good once over and get it running abit cooler.

but after that will just be cosmetic things 

oh and lets no forget some more low low 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, tortron said:

Nah just 1 kick mate

Got to come down easier than go up.

I dropped the rear of my Lincoln twice, the diff head slipping off the jack pad. Once with no wheels, landed on the brake drums with no damage (lucky)

Second time it had wheels on but the jack went backwards (still lifted up) into the space where the gas tank lives. Made a pretty big dent/crack into the gas tank.

Sold the car after that!

15 minutes ago, Nominal said:

Got to come down easier than go up.

I dropped the rear of my Lincoln twice, the diff head slipping off the jack pad. Once with no wheels, landed on the brake drums with no damage (lucky)

Second time it had wheels on but the jack went backwards (still lifted up) into the space where the gas tank lives. Made a pretty big dent/crack into the gas tank.

Sold the car after that!

doesn't sound like you've had much luck with cars and jacks in the past  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, f100_dreamin said:

Man you gotta be happy with how that came out. 

yeah just painting that floor gave the inside a big night and day difference to what it was. mostly noticeable in the boot space.

also the inside smell is night and day difference too :-D  

• Like 1