piazzanoob's 1964 ford Galaxie 500 seeedaan

piazzanoob

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice work one power steering leaks. Mine's terrible.

For the steering wheel, can you center it up by adjusting the tie rod ends? I haven't had much luck with getting the steering wheel right, I just live with it being wonky.

For the hubcaps, this gadget came with my new car, not sure if it's a home-made or commercial thing?

20210909_090956.jpg

12 hours ago, Nominal said:

Nice work one power steering leaks. Mine's terrible.

For the steering wheel, can you center it up by adjusting the tie rod ends? I haven't had much luck with getting the steering wheel right, I just live with it being wonky.

For the hubcaps, this gadget came with my new car, not sure if it's a home-made or commercial thing?

20210909_090956.jpg

The steering wheel is half way off centre. but the wheel isnt flash and bits are all broken on it around the edge. so was going to fit an aftermarket smaller one. but suspect someone in the past has crossed threaded it on the splines. 

that tool may work but not sure how well. the one tortron put up looks like a much better tool on not damaging the paint.

9 hours ago, cletus said:

I had the same problem with widened steel wheels and hubcaps, I ended up drilling a small hole in the side of the cap and made a wire hook that went in the hole to pull the cap off  

cheers 

I did think of doing that also. did you use stainless safety tie wire and tie the ends together on the inside?

• 4 months later...