piazzanoob's 1964 ford Galaxie 500 seeedaan

piazzanoob

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, piazzanoob said:

yeah just painting that floor gave the inside a big night and day difference to what it was. mostly noticeable in the boot space.

also the inside smell is night and day difference too :-D  

Yeah I noticed the same on the Belair, was kind of a turning point in the build for me, felt like everything after that was putting the car back together,

• Like 1

On 7/19/2018 at 07:54, Nominal said:

Re the hot starting, I have a stock starter. Fitted a pertronix ignitor to the dizzy years ago which helped starting. 

Still have an occasional issue if the battery is getting tired.

cheers

The battery that is in mine isnt old and have tested it. even mint on cold starts

also volt gauge is same when hot or cold.

and starter has been checked over and all cables new. so i know that side is okay 

but the carb in this thing is still shit and due for the bin and doesn't run all that well.

plus ignition timing might need tweaking with but was waiting till setting up with new carb.

also runs waay to hot gets up at 100 degrees when in traffic as factory finger cutting fan with no shroud doesn't do anything. got electric fan to fit

plus @The Bronze put a reduction starter in his and said it helped alot. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, f100_dreamin said:

Man that under body came up mint! That’s pretty much my aim to have the Plymouth looking like that eventually 

yeah im pretty happy with it. 

only advice i can give you is remove anything you don't want blasted and pay someone else to paint it as its a cunt of a job getting the paint in all the small places 

16 hours ago, nzed said:

Shit yes, that came out ace!  Would you take the zorst off if you did it again? lol

Yeah definitely 

makes it so much harder keeping it on trying to paint on it and around it. 

Probably would pull engine + trans if I did it again too. 

Also wheres your update mate! 

On 01/08/2018 at 08:03, nzed said:

mhm i don't have any updates.  i packed a shit with it and left it for a couple weeks. I have an oil leak from where the sump meets the timing cover meets the block.   I tried to stop it by pulling the sump off again and re-pooing the joint but it didnt work ( which i suspected wouldnt ) as i really need to pull the timing cover off which means i need to take the whole front of the motor off. which is difficult because need a compressor to use an impact wrench to get front bolt off cos its that tight,  and the harmonic balancer is ven tighter and i cant find my puller, which means pulling everything off the radiator support panel again to get to it all as lack of room.   I need to borrow a small compressor as have nothing where the car is stored.  i also need to catch all the coolant cos cant have it run outside and spill everywhere and everything is just a bit hard right now so leaving it for a couple weeks. lol.

Haha 

i know the feeling 

old labour of love 

so I guess it's not going to chrome then? 

Also ive got a compressor you could borrow if you want too it's just our old one as we upgraded to a bigger one. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Nominal said:

Fucksakes man, that is such bullshit. They are screwing you over with the constant new issues.

Yep tell me about it 

there is a couple of things on the list that i agree about but one in particular shoudve failed on the last two inspections 

i did know that part required replacing but didnt know it was that fucked.

but the other items were just over the top not knowing how to properly do their job.

but will update the thread with the stuff to fix    

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Nominal said:

I got tired of messing around with the externally regulated alternator after a few years (too many flat battery/jump start experiences) and swapped to a used internally regular alternator  instead.

i could do that also as my current alternator has a noisey bearing 

but then ill have to redo the wiring again haha 

16 hours ago, f100_dreamin said:

I picked up a Bosch 120a alternator from AES for about $280 (trade price, from memory) and that thing is grunty as. Even crawling around beach hop at idle with lights/stereo/airbag compressors going we had no issues.

cheers 

that gives me a bit of an idea how much they would be

was thinking about the ones from STA and other speed shops as they are half that cost but was also thinking they would be shit.

might also see how much i can get them at trade from AES and pan Pacific.