• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Nominal said:

What stopped it running on the bridge?

I suspect the carb is playing up.

it did it once before when leaving the road. Just cranking it just flattened the battery. And eventually it would go.

it has some no name carb on it that I cannot get to run mint.

most likely just a 50$ napa auto parts piece of shit.

when funds allow I will be putting a new manifold and carb which will set me back around 1500$ 

but I will be going through the wiring again to make sure it's all working properly.

23 hours ago, f100_dreamin said:

Doesn’t fill you with confidence when the guy failing your car doesn’t even know the rules he is supposed to be following.

dont worry about the high stop light. Like you said it’s no longer a requirement for entry compliance/wofs on older cars 

yeah pretty much

the first guy that inspected it said it must have a 3 point safety belt. 

like what! its pillar less you cant bolt it to the roof. now they want a Lvv cert for the mounting points even when its got the certified seatbelt plates and bolts. like it wasn't even a factory option for front seatbelts it was an extra like who cared about that in 64.

will just chuck in a high stop to keep them happy. then take it out when it has the sticker on the window sick of trying to argue with people who dont know the rules to start with. 

Belts.

Anything made after 1955 has to have lap and diagonal belts in the front.

The exeptions- if it has its ORIGINAL lap belts in good condition, then it can stay lap only. If they are replaced with new belts then they have to be lap and diagonal ones.

The other exemption is if there is nowhere to put an upper anchorage ie a convertible,  or a car with a tiny b pillar, or it has a non structural cant rail, then a certifier can do a b pillar exemption and you can fit lap only belts.

If your belt anchorages are not factory fitted to the floor, they need lvv cert regardless of what method they have been attached.

Mid 60s is when most american cars started getting belt anchorages fitted to the floor, even if they never got optioned with belts, often the anchorages are there under the carpet

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, cletus said:

Belts.

Anything made after 1955 has to have lap and diagonal belts in the front.

The exeptions- if it has its ORIGINAL lap belts in good condition, then it can stay lap only. If they are replaced with new belts then they have to be lap and diagonal ones.

The other exemption is if there is nowhere to put an upper anchorage ie a convertible,  or a car with a tiny b pillar, or it has a non structural cant rail, then a certifier can do a b pillar exemption and you can fit lap only belts.

If your belt anchorages are not factory fitted to the floor, they need lvv cert regardless of what method they have been attached.

Mid 60s is when most american cars started getting belt anchorages fitted to the floor, even if they never got optioned with belts, often the anchorages are there under the carpet

Thanks 

so being a pillarless there is no other place to fit a diagonal belt so it will need to keep its lap belt. Doesn't help that I've removed the carpet too

so can this be done by having a cert plate on the car or a just a document to say so? 

Cheers 

4 hours ago, piazzanoob said:

Thanks 

so being a pillarless there is no other place to fit a diagonal belt so it will need to keep its lap belt. Doesn't help that I've removed the carpet too

so can this be done by having a cert plate on the car or a just a document to say so? 

Cheers 

No spot for an upper anchorage can be covered by a b pillar exemption. 

Would have to look at the cant rail to make sure an upper anchorage cant be fitted or was never fitted factory- a lot of cars of that era had anchorages in there as an option.

Are the lower anchorages factory? Or have you fitted them?