piazzanoob's 1964 ford Galaxie 500 seeedaan

piazzanoob

14 hours ago, azzurro said:

this is actually barry genius*, its easy to work and shape holes to suit, and dead flat when installed, will insulate from heat soak and over time will expand to fill any gap and prevent airleaks.

*Untill it catches on fire

but does it actually seal?

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

36 minutes ago, Nominal said:

Actually I have some Mercury drum parts, should be the same?

Had a look around. I have the complete front drum assemblies that I took off when converting to discs. I rebuilt these in ~2004 and took them off in 2015. Flexible hoses were new in 2004 too.

I also have a Greg Donahue stabilizer bar that locks out the weird front suspension pivots. 

Free if you want them.

• Like 5

On 10/25/2017 at 17:15, The Bronze said:

I might.. MIGHT... have brake shoes. I think there was a box in the boot when I imported mine, assume they're same between years. Failing that try the northwestern guy.

all of the brake listings run from 60-64 so they should be right.

but i suspect there are some brake shoe width differences in some of them  

On 10/25/2017 at 18:24, Nominal said:

Had a look around. I have the complete front drum assemblies that I took off when converting to discs. I rebuilt these in ~2004 and took them off in 2015. Flexible hoses were new in 2004 too.

I also have a Greg Donahue stabilizer bar that locks out the weird front suspension pivots. 

Free if you want them.

i do suspect all of those parts are interchangeable.

but will see how my local brake supplier gets on.

so if i have trouble i will let you know

cheers 

On 10/25/2017 at 18:24, Nominal said:

Is this redundant because you made up those replacement shafts and cancelled that weird suspension thing? Does the same job?  Now I've got the engine out I'm tossing up doing the bushes and if I do that, maybe losing that setup. 

1 hour ago, The Bronze said:

Is this redundant because you made up those replacement shafts and cancelled that weird suspension thing? Does the same job?  Now I've got the engine out I'm tossing up doing the bushes and if I do that, maybe losing that setup. 

Yes, I put the big straight bolts through with some offset spacers. I put it all back together with the same bushes. If you are feeling like it you can just zap weld the pivoting parts with a MIG. Probably the WOF man wouldn't notice.

The stabilizer bar locks the pivoting parts together across the car, it sits just in front of the anti-roll bar. 

Before I put it on it would swerve pretty badly with brake dive.

• 2 weeks later...