32 minutes ago, Carsnz123 said:

@a.craw4d If I gave you a flange and some mandrel bends how many pinga/beer/firm handshake would you need to turn it into some nice tiged flows? 

I've done turbo manifolds before. They usually come in around the $400 - $500 mark for labour only. That's not including cost of flanges, bends etc. 

Although turbo manifolds can be quite tricky and heavy wall pipe so extractors could be easier maybe?  Never done a set of extractors before but keen to do a set.

Would also be handy to test fit along the way to check clearances before it's fully welded. 

Happy to bargain, negotiate deals.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, danger said:

^ that's a nice length of string right there

I'll pay you to teach me how to TIG

Happy to show you how to tig.  I'm a bit rusty at the moment and getting used to a different torch set up then what I've been used to. If you've ever done gas welding then it's actually very similar.

• Thanks 1

@Carsnz123 just realized I'm kind of defeating my original purpose here.  I want to help out fellow OS'ers and get experience along the way.

A set of flows, no idea how long it'll take me. But if you were keen and supplied a flange, bends, tube and collector. I'd happily turn it into something functional for $100-$150.  Firm hand shakes appreciated.

• Like 1

The headers are for a mate who now owns horndog's old Gloria. I keep telling the fool to sign up to os and come to Hanmer. I stared tweaking up an L26 for my Cedric but decided that LD28T is the way to go. So mate is going to use the L26 in his car with CBX1100 carbs. She's going to be a little fun to tune. You comming to Hanmer @a.craw4d? Or should I say you are comming wheather you like it or not. 

• Like 1