Anyone in Dunedin want a hand with their projects?

I posted this in spam yesterday and got some interest so thought I'd chuck it here.  

I want to get some more experience doing custom type fab work, ie mini trucks, hot rods or whatever.

Sure I could buy something and work on that but thought why not help out a fellow os'er.

I'm a fitter turner by trade, currently a stay home Dad doing odd welding and fabrication jobs that pop up.

Spread the word, pm me or fire away with any questions.

Cheers people 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, smokin'joe said:

do you travel ??

could come up here and be kept busy till you die of old age !!!

That would be ideal. Good think with projects is there's no real time pressure :)

Mainly looking for something local I can bring home and work on.

How about the safety frame on my tractor? I'm not convinced that it would protect me adequately in a roll-over situation as part of one leg has rusted almost completely off. Might need some help to dismantle it though. You weld big stuff too?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, igor said:

How about the safety frame on my tractor? I'm not convinced that it would protect me adequately in a roll-over situation as part of one leg has rusted almost completely off. Might need some help to dismantle it though. You weld big stuff too?

Yeah mate I've done a lot of heavy stuff in the past. I stick weld the big stuff so I know it's done properly. Don't have a current 4711 or whatever the equivalent is now but pride myself on laying down a good stick run.

Where abouts are you?

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Thought I'd bump this as I've been a bit bored lately.

I've got my tig welder set up and can do stainless and mild steel at the moment.  Will get another gas bottle soon so I can do aluminum.

Happy to work for beer, sharns or exchange of services etc.

• Like 3

check out the MSNZ motorsport manual for cage specs... or the SNZ rulebook for cage specs/design..

its fun to read and try to understand wtf they require...

took me a whole weekend to understand some of the paragraphs when I was building the cage on the stockcar.. thats all Sch40 black pipe

• Like 1

I've got a copy of the MSNZ cages and roll bar section somewhere.  Was going to do some rear strut tower supports on my silvia but decided against it.

Heavier pipe is definitely easier to work with, just hurts more when you jam fingers.