Sign in to follow this  
Hyperblade

Hyperblade's KP61 Racecar "BEAMS61" Discussion

Cool to see this all finished and in action! 

How do you find your dash, in terms of latency / lagginess? 

31 minutes ago, Roman said:

Cool to see this all finished and in action! 

How do you find your dash, in terms of latency / lagginess? 

Absolutely no latency or lagginess once PC Link is running. The 8inch tablet was a 1.2 ghz quad core processor and 1gb ram and that was fine too even on battery.

There is a delay when PC Link starts and it loads all it's resources but that lasts about 5s then it's sweet from then.

I did have the tablet bluescreen on the dummy grid, but I've set it to restart automatically, login then load up PC Link so it came back just as i started the race.

Oh and Windows 10 auto updates are a pain (so slow to update and sometimes fails), but if you don't have wireless connected it can't do anything.

I've found in my car with an inverter powering a dash laptop I occasionally get a complete system lock up - requiring a restart of the laptop. Seems to be caused by random surges from the inverter. (I'm not using the original power supply on the laptop so the barrel plug kind of just flops around in the socket)

Is your tablet just powered by USB?

17 minutes ago, ajg193 said:

I've found in my car with an inverter powering a dash laptop I occasionally get a complete system lock up - requiring a restart of the laptop. Seems to be caused by random surges from the inverter. (I'm not using the original power supply on the laptop so the barrel plug kind of just flops around in the socket)

Is your tablet just powered by USB?

Nope still has battery as well.

I happened to talk to the Link guys out at the track and they said noise on the USB power line can cause issues with computers. I've also had it lock up when i unplugged the USB power so I generally leave it plugged in now.

I have a dedicated 12v from battery which I can switch on separate from ignition so I tend to leave that on the whole time i'm out at the track. I use a similar system for the GOPro but it doesn't have the battery any more.

On the dummy grid the blue screen happened when i started the car while it was already getting power through the USB, so noise does make sense as the cause.

It took the whole warm up lap to collate data to send to microsoft before rebooting, nothing like driving around and watching a progress bar...

All but 2 of the photos you posted today don't display for me. I can see the ones from before today....

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Adoom said:

All but 2 of the photos you posted today don't display for me. I can see the ones from before today....

23 minutes ago, ajg193 said:

Some sort of google drive permissions setting perhaps?

Thanks for letting me know! They are stored in Google Photos, and the forum software was being smart and linking rather then copying them, looked fine to me as I was logged in. The other ones were hosted on a public img host.

All fixed :)