azzurro's 125p Pickup dyskusja

azzurro

Those rubber driveshaft doughnuts - they look like these....Screenshot_2018-06-13-08-47-14(1).jpg.921f43f2b20edb0e317bc13fa26a7b6e.jpg

Now could you please be a kind young man and measure them up for me? Width across the steel inserts, diameter of bolts, pcd etc

Are they cheap/where are they cheap/where should I get some?

• Like 1

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

they are called guibos/driveshaft rubbers/donut joints/flexible couplings and are pretty cheap, and i can send you the old one i just took out of the ute if the dimensions look promising for you to try?

Ill have a measure up tonight

Cheap from here - $US12.50 of your capitalist hard currency plus shipping comrade:

https://ladapower.com/catalog/search?keyword=flexible+coupling&limitstart=0&option=com_virtuemart&view=category&virtuemart_category_id=0&Itemid=250

It may be that the bmw and fiat/lada items are same but idk for sure.

Also pcd is without compression. The metal band it to allow installation so flange pcd is a few mm less but measuring a circle that passes through a triangle is hard irl

• 5 months later...
7 hours ago, Mof said:

Probably a busted rollpin in the 3rd-4th fork.

Good to see it's not making soup

Yeah, i figured something like that, i haven't looked inside it (and probably wont!), but it kinda felt and sounded like those gears were spinning on the shaft or something.

i had a cursory look before i installed it and it seemed clean/nothing obviously broken, which is the full extent of my gearbox checking/testing/fixing skillz, but i will look at the diagrams and see if i can get my head around it.

Im glad the engine seems ok too, im hoping the tapping is just valve clearances and not something more serious from hydrolocking or something, but the bottom ends of these engines are very stout and i checked  that #1  piston wasnt sitting lower than #4  at TDC

for the most part i was just getting it running before adding coolant, and once it was and i added it, the starter laboured and would nae start (i thought flat battery initially) so hopefully no harm no foul apart from wasting a lot of oil, coolant, money and time...

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, dspec_tt131 said:

Sorry to see you having such a battle with the carbs and very suprised you're having problems with that sensor as it was used very few times from new before that car was parted :doubt:

Hey bowl, no complaints here.

I havnt fitted the Weber sideys yet cause the manifold needs some mods. I also want to use the gauge to tune the single carb i have first (some jets for it from aliexpress turned up yesterday).

The sensor issue, well that just happens. I was hoping it would work, but also expecting to have to replace the sensor, as they are very fragile and finicky. Postage or kicking around on the floor of my shed, or maybe my ute runs so shit it gummed it up immediately?

Actually It now drops out of heater mode, but the gauge just flicks between min 7.2 or max 22.4 AFR. Maybe had a bit of a loose connection initially, and now ive truly fucked it?

Im waiting on a serial cable and usb adaptor to arrive to be able to connect up the gauge to my laptop and see what it says/update the firmware/re calibrate it etc. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I wonder if the original carbs for those manifolds had different throttle shafts that didn’t have a nut on the end but instead a flange like the below with a linkage running over top of them to actuate them from the outer ends

10BA61D9-855F-4518-8400-58AAA2D5448C.thumb.jpeg.6baae4d2768d521380ef0c5eb428f971.jpeg

i suspect your are 100% correct, but i dont have or have ever seen carbs with that style throttle shaft , and it would complicate both the linkage requirements (two separate pull points) and carb balancing significantly.

What is even more silly is that if both barrel pairs were angled the same as (or more, for better dizzy clearance) as the front pair, they would fit perfectly, and there almost no space restrictions towards the firewall that justifies the choices they made.

These were NZ designed and made specifically to fit sideys to the dealer developed 125T , with the advantage over the factory LHD models in that the carbs dont compete for space with the steering shaft and brake master/booster (all LHD RWD twin cams had twin downdrafts, or single carbs), so it seems weird to design it in such a way as to require special unicorn model carbs (both dellortos and webers were fitted), and to invite ignition timing/shorting issues 

eg if i was designing some to be made i would have designed them like this "\\\\"* instead of like this ")\||"

*which is ironically pretty reminiscent of the /F/I/A/T/ corporate logo at the time

• Like 1