azzurro

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
Congratulates car form Poland! I have cars from FSO too. ( Polonez with OHV engine ) Are you happy with this Fiat? My dad had the same. ( 1990 white with 5 gearbox and 1.5 next 1.6 from Polonez engine on carburetor and timing belt instead timing chain ) Sorry on my englisch. My language is bad. 
  • Like 3

"Congratulates car form Poland! I have cars from FSO too. ( Polonez with OHV engine ) Are you happy with this Fiat? My dad had the same. ( 1990 white with 5 gearbox and 1.5 next 1.6 from Polonez engine on carburetor and timing belt instead timing chain ) Sorry on my englisch. My language is bad."

Cześć Likor, and thanks mate! Your Englisch is fine :) 

I have yet to drive this much, but i do like it, the rear end is very light :-D. I think i will eventually change carburettor to EFI from a Lancia Delta.

i have 2 other Fiats as well, a 1969 125 with a 2l twin cam and sidedrafts and a 5 speed, and a 1966 2300 Familiare  with some Polonez parts on it too (many engine parts on the old 2.3 are common with the 1.5).

You should start a thread on your Polonezez! (Polonoi?) There are many people here who would like to see what you do in Poland. 

Na zdrowie!

• Like 2

Yes, in the pickups the back is fun. :D Fiat DOHC is very good engine unfortunately not very popular in Poland. ( now, once is very popular )  I prefer carburettor, but EFI in daily car is good choice. :) ( if it's 125p yours
 daily car ). I see your other cars, it's very nice! In this moment I have 2 Polonez, model Caro Plus MR. ( model of year ) '97 1.6 with single point injection ( germany efi bosch ) and MR '89 made in 1990 with carburettor, both with 5 speed gearbox of course. I think that not enough interesting cars and modifications in order to present in this forum. :) Now is very popular is k series Rover swap engines ( originally in Polonez Caro MR '94 and Polonez Caro Plus MR '97 in option ). Thanks for the answer.

Take care!

P.S

I add foto one of my car ( green Polonez '90 ) , and engine 1.4 k series from Rover in Polonez Caro MR '94 and Fiat 125p ( not mine car ). I would like to mention that your car is not Polski Fiat, but FSO 1500 or 125p as you prefer, because the license has expired in 1983. All copies of the 125p, lost the name Fiat after 1982. In foto white Fiat you look old logo Polski Fiat. You have logo FSO. :) 

100_6268.JPG

100_6291.JPG

polonez-atu-plus-14-gti-16v-rover-czestochowa-348246297.jpg

16581103707_4d1b9d2d79_b.jpg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks @NickJ , seems some judicious application of poop has it sorted for now. if it leaks again ill check out Chris's stash and order a new one from the mother land if they are the same. 124 heater valves and boxes are quite different tho so might be close but not quite

@Infinit , ive never seen another 125 based vehicle driving around IRL despite having 2, so you are doing better than me! This thing is a proper shitter in the best eastern european style, but seems to respond well to the attention ive been giving it, even if i significantly underestimated the amount it needed!

• Like 2

Mines halfway there with a late 1600 twink and 125s doorcards lol. I quite like the silly old dash.

Longer term efi from a delta head or twin carbs and electronic ignition to bring it up to 1989 spec as if it were made on the western side of the iron curtain is the goal.

I also have a croma turbo engine but that would be silly. The rear is slimy enough as it is.

10 hours ago, azzurro said:

Thanks @NickJ , seems some judicious application of poop has it sorted for now. if it leaks again ill check out Chris's stash and order a new one from the mother land if they are the same. 124 heater valves and boxes are quite different tho so might be close but not quite

@Infinit , ive never seen another 125 based vehicle driving around IRL despite having 2, so you are doing better than me! This thing is a proper shitter in the best eastern european style, but seems to respond well to the attention ive been giving it, even if i significantly underestimated the amount it needed!

Thats poo, best upgrade i've done is the ceramic heater tap, works without seizing up

• 4 months later...