Jackeo21's 1962 Morris Mini

jackeo21

On 3/4/2018 at 17:27, angry.red said:

What happened? 

My bad! Have been so caught up with so many different projects that updating this here page became a second priority (then a third, fourth...).

I'll post an update on the projects page soon.

So far, the entire underside of the car has been etched and under-sealed, I've found a full set of seats, twin leading front breaks, engine goes now, colors chosen (will elaborate more on these things on the other thread).

Been very slack on thread updates, but will try my best to provide monthly updates, or maybe even more frequent updates. 

Cheers mates

Jack

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Back to a single carby now. Just runs so so much better than it did with the twins - I'll save these for the rat rod mini. So far the only thing thats not stock on the engine is the cylinder head - which may yeild a few more horsepower over standard, but I'm picking it wont be anything worth noting.

Found a few photos of the car before it was pulled apart too! These were taken about 1993 at the previous owners place in Chch, before the car was purchased. A bit of reading though the folder provided by the old gentleman informed me that the car was actually destined for Japan once it had been done up, as were the other 3 minis on the lawn (of which didn't make it to Japan, or even off the lawn, in one piece anyways).

Anyway, something had gone wrong somewhere along the line, and the car, with it's awful, runny, thin as anything, expensive for 1994 paintjob was sat in a shed for a good 20 years. When I got the car many parts were missing, much to the surprise of the seller. But I was informed the car had bounced off many workshops prior to me owning it so the parts have probably been spread all around the country.

Here are the photos of the car before it was pulled apart. Must've been fairly neglected as it had only done 55 thousand miles when the photos were taken. The seats still look just the same! They'll be going in the rat rod mini instead of the skip. The door hinge pins had been replaced with bolts.

Also thought I'd upload photos of the Green MK1 I bought off the same guys lawn. This car was purchased for 2 grand in the early nineties, driven 112 miles from Hamilton to Auckland, around Auckland for a few days, then parked on the lawn, key still in the ignition and window open, for 24 years. It left the property in 4 main bits. The motor in it is the restored one going in the MK1.

Enjoy people. Let me know what you think, and do we have any thoughts on a roof colour? Choosing between a basic white, off white (or old english), or something a little different, like a nice metallic white. 

Cheers

amn31s2j.vnd.jpg

Believe it or not, the engine in this car started right up the following day.

c5yycoxw.vln.jpg

"A little rust in the boot - pretty normal for minis"

ipjtlyuc.mnl.jpg

• Like 3