Beaubots 1982 ER30 Skyline sedan

Beaubot

23 hours ago, Snoozin said:

"RS-DIESEL" stickers on the rear doors would be a laugh. 

Already planned! Sohc RS- Diesel was what i was thinking.

23 hours ago, chasinthemirage said:

Mate don't bother with widened steelies. Rota's are just the same as genuine Jap wheels*

Surprisingly a mate just spent a mint on new Watanabes and they look like they were cast by a blind man in a dark shed. Unfortunately budget is a concern, especially if someone is likely going to  end up trying to steal them.

20 hours ago, kyteler said:

You'll have to do some adjustment to get those bits to fit your PFL.

Just as well I have a history of adjusting Kyteler!

20120811_230307.JPG.3e90ae46359d5baea53048f21408fa10.JPG

20120812_213016.JPG.e72c0830941e6fd9d5ecfef8606c7b7b.JPG

20130115_160816.JPG.d7559c6e399e0a5352aa047d5c97cede.JPG

17 hours ago, Carsnz123 said:

I think we need to start a club. Christchurch LD+T. Also widened steelies for FTW

What turbo is on yours? I do have a few GTR t25s floating about the garage.....

9 hours ago, beachlander said:

15" wheels max

Im picking up what youre putting down, but I think it needs bigger than 15, because of stupid giant front arches.

6 hours ago, 0R10N said:

+1 for comical "GT-DIESEL" decals.

Good jerb man! I told my mate that someone in the South Island was building an Iron Mask diesel R30 sedan and he got faux-stroppy because that was always going to be his pet project, hah.

This is a neat car. Drove it at Hanmer and somehow found enough restraint not to buy it on the spot, such an easy thing to drive and with a surprising amount of oomph for an oilburner. Brought back fond memories of punting around in my DR30 sedan, which @Brdflu keeps telling me I should really stop neglecting and start working on again.

As old man KY says, there's a bit of surgery involved to fit the nose, also you may need to buy some facelift bumpers and tail lights to complete the look.

I agree with Scott, stop neglecting the wedge.

18 minutes ago, Brdflu said:

You are making us other R30 owners look bad with ya progress Beau! Top work! 

Someones gotta do it Scott!

• Like 1

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Beaubot said:

What turbo is on yours? I do have a few GTR t25s floating about the garage.....

I haven't built it yet but was thinking of copying @- i5oogt -s setup with a TD03. I think a T25 is a bit larger so more lag, roll coal, and boost. All of which would make the car more awesome. I might be keen on buying a T25 off you when the Cedric is running. 

• Like 1

On 22/09/2017 at 18:28, Carsnz123 said:

I haven't built it yet but was thinking of copying @- i5oogt -s setup with a TD03. I think a T25 is a bit larger so more lag, roll coal, and boost. All of which would make the car more awesome. I might be keen on buying a T25 off you when the Cedric is running. 

After doing a bit more research, apparently the GTR turbos are a 0.48ar on the exhaust housing with a 62trim wheel. Apparently the stock turbo LDs also use a 0.48, so Im happy to give it a go. The price is right for the turbos at least, considering I already have 4 of them. Twin turbo LD anyone?

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

Nice car. I used to see one of these every day while on the school bus in the 90's, was all white with color matched nissan teardrop wheels. Have had a soft spot for them ever since.

What are you doing with the r32 front struts?  I've got a pair of effed ones to test out on my silvia, if they fit ok then I'd like some good ones.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

@RUNAMUCK I wholeheartedly agree, but spending $800 to 1k on an m90, plus fucking round with a belt drive and mounting plate vs $25 for a t25 exhaust flange and some scrap piping to use one of the 4 GTR turbos I have in the garage isnt my idea of a good time. What to do? what to do?