Beaubots 1982 ER30 Skyline sedan

Beaubot

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool, haven't seen an r30 for ages. Had one with an L20et and auto back when they were "random old pos" rather than "appreciating classic", always thought it was great with so many random features, including the now-common windscreen fluid low light, and a light for when the spare tyre was missing! I'm pretty sure they were specced higher than the r31 in fact. may you have many happy miles!

edit: also some motor honey like moreys stabiliser or its lucas equivalent won't fix your diff, but will shut it up at about 30% by volume (only for open diff, will probably wreck an lsd)

Edited by doullama
barry advice
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, doullama said:

edit: also some motor honey like moreys stabiliser or its lucas equivalent won't fix your diff, but will shut it up at about 30% by volume (only for open diff, will probably wreck an lsd)

But $300 worth of bearings should! Although now I think of it(read: you remind me I have some in the garage) Moreys for the gearbox it is!

+1 for comical "GT-DIESEL" decals.

Good jerb man! I told my mate that someone in the South Island was building an Iron Mask diesel R30 sedan and he got faux-stroppy because that was always going to be his pet project, hah.

This is a neat car. Drove it at Hanmer and somehow found enough restraint not to buy it on the spot, such an easy thing to drive and with a surprising amount of oomph for an oilburner. Brought back fond memories of punting around in my DR30 sedan, which @Brdflu keeps telling me I should really stop neglecting and start working on again.

As old man KY says, there's a bit of surgery involved to fit the nose, also you may need to buy some facelift bumpers and tail lights to complete the look.