Carsnz123's Rusty Datsun talkie talkie

Carsnz123

Wow good work - Karl filled me in today on these. Pretty much any L series can sit forever, throw some plugs at it, fuel and battery and your away.

Karl might have told you that Cedrics are my thing aswell - great to see hopefully more than one being saved from your lot.

• 11 months later...

Mate who was going to do the rust work moved workshops so didn't have any time to fix it. So not much has been done as of late. I need to decide the overall goal for the car because I want to keep working on my Chrysler. Crowns and Skyline are first on the list though. Too many cars. 

2 minutes ago, Carsnz123 said:

Mate who was going to do the rust work moved workshops so didn't have any time to fix it. So not much has been done as of late. I need to decide the overall goal for the car because I want to keep working on my Chrysler. Crowns and Skyline are first on the list though. Too many cars. 

Oh yea your screwd poor Datsun.

Do you know where do the nice tripple side draft carbs for the l26 come from ? 

7 minutes ago, scooters said:

Oh yea your screwd poor Datsun.

Do you know where do the nice tripple side draft carbs for the l26 come from ? 

Not sure, @kicker will know,  I looked at getting a complete Weber kit off Ebay but too spendy ATM. I'd like to see someone fit this ITB kit 

https://datsunspirit.com/shop/itb-setup-for-l6/

Unless you modify the rest of the engine (cam, port job, extractors, higher compression) Triple sides are not really any advantage over twin SU carbs except for epic dorts. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RUNAMUCK said:

My mate Damon at rocky auto is a dellorto expert. I think he knows where to get new ones off the www. Italy maybe?

He said the new webers need the throttle butterfly screws loctiting in or else they fall out, and you have a bad time. 

yea it's going to be interesting to see what turns up. (end of the week) 

a few years ago these were worthless/non desirable. But I think most of them went by the way of rot and now they are still non desirable.. but getting 

less and less as we go.