Carsnz123's Rusty Datsun H330 260c Shenanigans

Carsnz123

Shit finally. last page was getting a little slow on my laptop. Anyway after that 80s banger we have some pics 

Turns out the TEA is a little light to pick the front of the Cedric up so we had to do it with a jack like normal people

jPpCGeV.jpg

Any way I gave Red a hose off with the waterblaster 

V6GrABP.jpg

DmATE3t.jpg

SFRL20m.jpg

And then found somewhere to park it so I could leave the window down to let the inside air out. Doesn't it look smart on those wheels 

YmiOycU.jpg

Plus look at this awesome tune player parading around its transistors 

D8AiyAn.jpg

So nothing really stunning has gone on I more felt like uploading some more pics of the car to the interwebs. I crawled under the car and it looks pretty good underneath. Ill probably drop the front subframe and rear suspension out to give them a lick of paint and tidy up the engine bay. I think i need to make a todo list. Ok I'm done, you can go back to your life now. 

• Like 5

• 2 months later...

Time passed and a rego on hold H330 turned up for sale. No motor and power steering box, plus a couple other bits missing but live plates. And lots of rust. The red Ced is going to donate it's motor for the short term and be shoved in a corner, Ive got to go pick up a parts car the has electric windows and a couple other goodies. 

inVzlZ0.jpg

• Like 3

MORE PICTURES!!!!!

Went and picked up the 330 parts car. Got to have some unsupervised fun with heavy lifting equipment. 

DaY4KUT.jpg

QA6cHJy.jpg

UdUu4Ea.jpg

wzB84fl.jpg

Probably due an air filter 

kCHsLra.jpg

And after an hour of fucking around IT RUNS!!!!

The challenge will be having it ready for Nationals.

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

Much progress has happened. 

Made a list 

I02OitA.jpg

Then ripped the front subframe out of the parts car as I'm going to use it. 

WVPFCjB.jpg

QYVEuqA.jpg

The parts car also had an unexpected bonus in the form of Lumenition optical electronic ignition. 

a69O3Ad.jpg

gxBkON2.jpg

While removing the exhaust I managed to snap all 3 studs off which then required the use of an acetylene torch to remove.

QYCnWIR.jpg

Dealt with leaky core plugs also revealing lots of corrosion in the cooling jacket. 

ftUCDj5.jpg

FWxKo3O.jpg

WyJchYC.jpg

I went oldschool and shellaced the fuckers in. They wont come out any time soon. 

oTL4PCR.jpg

UZF9nrj.jpg

The shellac bottle said "Caution Flammable" on it. Decided to put it to the test. 

d9vk23q.jpg

• Like 6

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...