Triumphant's 1969 Skoda Sabre

Triumphant

I ran a warmed over 1000MB in the mid 70's. Lived in Diamond Harbour opposite Lyttelton. JIm Hughes lived there too and was a Skoda dealer in Lyttelton. J B Hughes Motors. He'd been part of the Skoda dealer team in early Heatway rallies. Light flywheel, mild cam and a set of genuine factory rally alloy rims. A shitload of fun on Banks Peninsula gravel roads. It went to Joe Hanna when he was part of ChCh motorcycles. Lost sight of it shortly after that.

Jim had also bought the ex Czech embassy 110 coupe. Pale green and LHD. that's disappeared too.

I got asked to crew for the two dealer supported Skodas when they came down for the Canterbury rally. Via jim of course. They were the two cars written up recently in I think NZ Classic driver magazine. About half the rally was on Banks Peninsula roads i knew very well. Able to warn of a couple of traps for the unwary which proved useful.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuck yeh, Trekkas are rad.

I have bulk n.o.s Trekka/Skoda shit from Anderson Motors and Gee Motors who were dealers back in the day. When I get some time I'l sift through and grab some pics. Probably some stuff there that might be of use to you. 

Whats the build number of your Trekka? I'm a barry and have a bit of a file on them.

Keen to see more pics.

• Like 5

On 17/02/2023 at 02:29, RXFORD said:

Fuck yeh, Trekkas are rad.

I have bulk n.o.s Trekka/Skoda shit from Anderson Motors and Gee Motors who were dealers back in the day. When I get some time I'l sift through and grab some pics. Probably some stuff there that might be of use to you. 

Whats the build number of your Trekka? I'm a barry and have a bit of a file on them.

Keen to see more pics.

That would be great if you're willing to sell some parts! I have a fair bit of Gee Motors Skoda parts but for the later models, must have been a fairly big dealership in their day!

Build plate below - will get some more photos up soon!

IMG_4842.jpg