Triumphant

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Goat said:

Super sweet dude.

Always pined a 110R. But this pretty much as close as one would get over here!

Love that eastern block styling.

Cheers, I met a guy in Dunedin recently with an immaculate 110r with a 1300cc + 5 speed conversion - Super envious, I love them too haha. I also met a guy last year North of Christchurch with an original Coupe that was in roadworthy condition. There's a few around still but hard to find in decent condition!

6 minutes ago, Borgweiser said:

Oh wait, your grandfather IS one of the Skoda Barrys.

I got the indicator lenses from him via you.

Good to see you got hold of this wicked whip, now please change the wheels to Fuchs thanks

Haha, yeah one of the Barriest of Skoda Barrys. I recently found some more NOS parts for it. The little C-pillar park light lenses, tail light and other stuff. Want to put them on but also hate risking the nice looking NOS parts when the ugly faded ones are doing their job.

Also re: wheels, I was thinking of going back to 14s as I found a set of NOS hubcaps and chrome looks good on this car. Was thinking of getting a set of 14s widened to see what it would look like. I'm going to try to get some bits from that Marshlands Road site that's all over facebook at the moment, seems to be heaps of 110s there in the background of photos but they only want to sell complete cars -_-

My brother bought an orange one of these in Blenheim back in the early '90s. Bought it from some old boy who had cherished it and wanted it to go to a good home.  We hooned around in it, had fun, fitted a roofrack and took it to various ski fields for weekends of boarding. It never let us down.  My brother eventually sold it to some Japanese snowboarders in Chch. Last time we saw it was outside Cafe Java all beat up and looking sad.  I felt bad for that little car.

Cool cars. Enjoy.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 1963 AP5 said:

My first car was a Skoda although ever so slightly newer than yours.

59bb67159ae39_Skoda3_zps0mvnz8gn.JPG.df7a4566b407ba8df5553269e963c2f2.JPG

It was a great little car, wish I still had it!

Seeing that colour and HS plate made me think it could have been this one! I was right with the HS start at least..

Skoda 110L

• Like 1

It would have been amazing if you had found it.

Probably good it's not the same car because if it was I would have had to drag it out of that paddock and restore it. My wife would not be impressed! 

Interesting that the plates are so close, could the two cars have come off the assembly line together? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 1963 AP5 said:

It would have been amazing if you had found it.

Probably good it's not the same car because if it was I would have had to drag it out of that paddock and restore it. My wife would not be impressed! 

Interesting that the plates are so close, could the two cars have come off the assembly line together? 

May well have done, I'm not sure how the plates systems worked back then. I originally thought it was just based on year but apparently it has to do with where they were originally registered too. That one is out near the Waimakariri river apparently (Chch). As much as I want to save bits from it I know I shouldn't, I already have a set of rust free doors for one I need to get rid of haha!

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I'll just throw this in here - It was posted on a more modern VW/Audi/Skoda forum I frequent...

Have heaps of parts and glass for various models as well as NOS parts like 1000MB guards and panels parts also complete 62 Octavia with immaculate interior most parts untagged and we have no idea as to model that said there is a truckload so thought I check here before sending off to scrappy or burning, send me an email or text 0279517776

I gather the chap's name is Dave, but no idea where he's located.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
8 hours ago, yoeddynz said:

Ha ha cool. Marshlands is the site that just keeps on giving. I'm amazed that there are still cars there. I thought they were all destined to be crushed? 

Its crazy, I wish I had seen it in its heyday. There's still a few cool cars there but they're mostly all rotten now and are going to be crushed. Apparently the owner wants to turn the site back into market gardens - I hate to imagine how toxic the ground is from 40 years of metals soaking into it haha.

• Like 2