bonkas tired old Lancer EX - Engine Swap/Build Thread

bonkas

Carbs all tuned and within 1% of the tuners target Air/Fuel Ratio.

After some final tests we noticed a very noisy valve and cylinder #2 appears to be down on compression.

Will be doing a compression test this weekend but may not be looking very good... here we go again....

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Compression test came out with 195psi in Cylinder #1 (Suspected no issues) and 200psi on Cylinder #2 (Suspected issues). So no compression issues there...

Re-did valve lash, some were a bit tight and some were a tad loose, gave it a tickle anyway but have still not been able to get rid of the tapping and rattling in the top end, may just have to live with it, or maybe convert back to hydraulic lifters as I am not revving the thing to the moon like I originally envisioned...

Valve stems all looking good.

Few minor things to tidy up:

• Front engine covers to keep the grime out
  • Mount catch can

Maiden voyage to wellington this weekend!

IMG-20191022-175637.jpg

• Like 4

• 4 years later...

Front covers have been sourced and chopped to fit, thanks to the peeps on here who donated some bits!

I have a catch can mounted too, Thanks to @Geophy for making sure I didnt butcher the whole thing!

Holy late update batman. Will grab some recent pics if I have some and post them up.

• Like 4