Patch panel forming?

Adoom

So part of the rain gutter is rusted through and I need to replace a 50-100mm section.

But I'm not quite sure how to make the section I have circled.... That little bump is what the trim strip clips onto.IMAG0132circle.thumb.jpg.2c84574c3c43a9c23ba675e5d50746d6.jpg

59b4fd33ba475_Raingutter.jpg.69750ea411e4c85ba266164b80c29ab3.jpg

This was the idea I came up with.... Haven't tried yet.

Maybe there is an easier way?

something like that would work, i think i used a chisel in the vice, make the divot first and do (rest of) the bend second

i wouldnt bother with the top fold

could also 'over' bend the fold to like 135deg then clamp it down a bit and put a 45deg bend 2mm or so from there, but you would need a pointy clamp to get in there (not the vice anyway)

Could you not simply make the first 90° bend then place something of appropriate width for your ~2mm flat in the inside corner of your first bend, pull your next bend up at the required ~45° degree angle before then bending that section back flat again after the other ~2mm?

7 minutes ago, kyteler said:

Could you not simply make the first 90° bend then place something of appropriate width for your ~2mm flat in the inside corner of your first bend, pull your next bend up at the required ~45° degree angle before then bending that section back flat again after the other ~2mm?

I lost you... Can you draw a picture?

Make up a tool similar to what is used when closing up folded joins in sheetmetal. Then hit it from the underside with said tool.

tool.png

Found a better representation of the seaming tool I tried to draw above...

f925_1-4_groover.jpg

Used them a bunch when forming sheetmetal joins, make a neat job and are consistent. 

• Like 1