Links to build threads.

Mr Vapour

@Mr Vapour

Do you recall a time when we couldn't modify our own post? 

Because that was a thing. 

And a lot of people or just me, relied on other people to start a discussion thread instead of looking like an attention seeking whore, which,  when coupled with the fact you couldn't modify your own post, lead to that that situation. 

Plus that's half the fun, scrolling through all the discussion threads.

Where's the build thread for this post? 

• Like 1

All yes I do remember and I understand for som of the older threads. 

And I'm not Trying to cause shit.

I also thought this was the correct location for the subject. It is directly related to.this area.

The Two threads per build is a very unique feature of OS. Many web surfers will not know there is two threads and could have issues finding content. 

Example. 

I know who Karl is if I think about it and could find it, but with soo many discussion threads not started by the builders it's hard to know who's car it is. And new members won't know who Karl is.

When I made that post 2 of the 1st 3 threads had no links to builds. 

And the more I look the more I find.

The thing is..

It's clearly defined in the rules of posting in the build section. 

If people don't read those in the actual build thread area then they're not going to read a gripe post in the area where they're supposed to put their discussion.

Especially as it won't be sticky, isn't an announcement, isn't posted by admin and will fall into the abyss once a few more people have yarned about actual builds.

Realistically there would need to be a bind that created a second thread in the discussion area once a project thread was started but that as with the rest of this discussion should be in the website suggestion area.

• Like 1

Once upon a time there was a mod who actually did this stuff.

Was handy for the reasons you have stated,  people starting discussion threads with titles not always related. 

But I don't expect someone to spend there evening's linking threads together either. 

Anyway I see you're build thread is in the same state as most of mine.  Dead photo bucket pics. 

That's the true sadness here. 

• Like 2