Footeys land rover seres 2a 109 safari

footey

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In regard to the brakes. I bleed mine with the brake adjusters backed right off. Bleed the booster. Then start working from the furtest wheel from the cylinder back. Two old boys that worked extensively on landys back in tje day told me to do that so tjat is how I do it. 

Don't push your pedal right the way down esp on an old cylinder it'll shit the bed.

Once you have done that, pump em up and jam something to hold pressure on the pedal. Leave it til the next day. And see what it's like. Mine took a couple of goes on a master cyl swap to get right.

If it's losing its pedal check your hoses and stuff. You may want/need to bleed it running so the booster will do its thing. 

Mine the booster has a delay releasing but it probs wants the hydraulic side rebuilding.

Worst vehicle ever to bleed for me. Worse than minis. Take ya time and don't expect a perfect pedal.  Booster adds squishyness I reckon.

• Like 1

hey man thanks for the reply, im with nz rt2
yeah i think the tyres are around 32 and a half inches tall there just a tad smaller then 33s on my mates jeep.
so these brakes are the bain of my life, if i clamp off each soft line i get a hard pedal, so can warrant our booster and master cylinder.
every soft line i unclamp is faulty, thinking air ?? but then thinking travel aswell, maybe the shoe is seating at the top and not the bottom, so pivoting at that top and taking the extra to travel?
honestly looking at a disc conversion in the future

48 minutes ago, Dolan said:

Once you have done that, pump em up and jam something to hold pressure on the pedal. Leave it til the next day. And see what it's like

Do this. 

Seriously 

• Like 1

chur yeah I def found taking it for a blat around the block and seating the shoes nicely makes a difference also, if youve had them all off and such. 

I've found vac and pressure bleeders to have mixed results. manual is often best. 

those mechpro boxes are good buying atm. just got one in fro one of the techs at work. small 1mere long one for real cheap. 

I've moved into a new house with heaps of cuprboards built into the walls of the workshop area so have a million spanners hung up in size order. makes for light work hah

Love the green top box!

Started fitting my heated seat pads last night. both my bottom seat squabs are breaking up so pretty scared of taking the fabric off incase they disintegrate into powder. 

bloody particle board crap :(

i also have some seat heater pads coming in, i need to find some new deluxe seats, mine are like yours falling apart,
the old top box the green thing was my original tool box kinda out grew the thing. 400 for the thing was not bad at all
the worst task i have ahead is fixing the secound row doors they are pretty and not really looking forward to it at all

would be awesome for a landy oldschool meet or even a oldschool 4x4 meet like a southern safari or something may be a good idea?

• Like 1

• 2 months later...