Footeys land rover series 2a 109 safari

footey

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

big update, completed the electrics and it bloody works, absolute minter. no explosions or smoke haha
Also hooked up the new smoked led tail lights and indicators just the front to do now
Found some wicked trailer led lights not to worried its a landy.
Next job is to finish up the electrics then move onto rust work.
Getting closer and closer to putting it back on the road

• Like 3

so this weekend was a bit of a kick, finished of the wiring and hooked up the front leds, then went to put the gauge cluster back but the new fuse panel is holding it 8mm from flush, now to take out the fuse panel and re locate it.
Also found a bullbar off another series a little modification and it will be mint =)
brought me a new welder so i can start buzzing some shit, Any one else have a weldtech 160? 

Today was a good day, I managed to move the fuse box , rewire all the circuits to the fuse panel, also installed the instrument panel and an accessory panel next to that, used a standard wiper motor cover for the aux panel have to install the oil pressure gauge in the empty slot.
Also the new tyres got chuck on their rims and I may have cocked up they are standing about 33 inches tall I'm thinking they will rub.
Girlfriend painted the rims and are ready to go on she also clean a few pieces of loom up, good lass she is keeper that one is

• Like 5

fizzing over this, fitted the new tyres running 265 75 16s mudsters, she looks frickin mint a bit of clearance now, man she is going to be tall when i fit the parabolics
now have a problem the wiper motor blows fuses left right and centre anyone have an experience with these please holla at me.
oh and a brand new brake cylinder is faulty, you mongrel 
fun and games like i play cat and mouse the whole time with this car

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

will be busy over these next two weekends and weeks with volunteer rescue training so no landy having withdraws allready will post some progress when i get around to doing more good stuff

• Like 2

stuffed up my weekends with when i was meant to be training,   whipped out the new welder and buzzed some new metal into the landy, not showing my welds as i am amateur as hell. anyways its now solid and bulk head is rust free, now to move onto the hard task of fixing the rear doors

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

also whipped in a new fuel pump to help the injector pump get pressure, was not holding its prime for some reason no air leaks, so with this she now runs mint have a spar one in my tool kit just incase