Footeys land rover series 2a 109 safari

footey

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so a run down I need to tidy up the wiring , fix a minor bit of rust get new tyres and rims, trying to find a set of steel rims 5 rims be good, the ones on the landy are borrowed ,  need to get to a stage to see how the motor runs, have a turbo to be fitted to the ld, not much to be done but still a lot of work ahead will keep the photos coming

so tonight I droped the 13 year old diesel out of the tank, which was nice and clean no sludge, I also started to put some doors on the things, the gf also grabed some nicer photos
The front of the rover is an early defender front this was to allow for the straight 6 ld28 and the moving forward of the radiator, need a winch bar for this thing

IMG_6346.JPG

• Like 1

Well I started it tonight and went for a drive around the yard, having a lot of trouble getting the ld28 to start once running its fine,  bit of smoke atm been about 12-14 years off the road, has to be started on engine start, have tested all the glow plugs and they seem to be fine

• Like 1

For some reason my photo upload doesn't work il upload more photos when I have a chance =) have done a fair chunk pulled apart a parts car for some parts and have started to buy things, still need some rims to fit my new 265 75 16 mud tyres on

Time to pull the ld28 out and slot a new one in,  run about 120-160 psi on a cold compression test no wonder the poor thing wouldn't start without ether, everything is now unbolted and ready to be hoisted out, have a good ld28 to put back in the hole, thinking of maybe future boost plans with a top mount intercooler? have a turbo just need to craft a log manifold

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...