Footeys land rover series 2a 109 safari

footey

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

decided to replace all the wheel cylinders the shoes where allgoods for the time being also have found that my radiator is buggerd so a new one will be on its way shortly. after the brake are a go i will start working on the electrics and the custom dash.

• 1 month later...

Fits so good had to bodge up some spacer to lift the whole rad, something about this one having square end tanks and hitting the chassis rails its now in there like a beast and not coming out, now time will tell if she will hold a steady temp slaving up some hills in sweltering summer heat while towing a jeep out because there shit i mean lesser quality 

• Like 3

Have decided for now to use to original cluster, have added a new ignition switch that has a diesel glow before start, also enlarged the hole from the original two pin power supply on the dash to fit a twin USB charger and volt meter, now just to wire this all up

Chopped off the old lights, bolts where seized in place, Have a set of leds to install and a set of led inserts for the headlights.
Also installed all the new loom, everything loops through the drivers side so i can make a junction for trailer lights,

Also have pressure bled the brakes as i was having an issue getting a hard pedal now there like a geriatric that took some viagara.
pressure bleeding also meat brake fluid went everywhere so washed the old girl down.
Slowly getting there

spent the last few days finalizing the wiring, working on how to wire an auto trans with od is a nightmare anyone with experience wiring a 4n71b would be nice to cross reference, everything now is quick disconnect and an 12 way fuse board behind the panel rather then the old two fuses.
Also have rewired a new ignition switch however think i need to add a diode to stop back flow while in accessory, so the fuel pump etc stops working.
just to add a few relays wait for the led indicator relay and she will be good to go