Eastcapescapade November 24,25,26 - 2017

5 hours ago, Shakotom said:

So

what are gas station frequency’s like?

ST used all of the gas on the raglan ride.

I did try and figure out how far between servos, but I cannot guarantee there will be fuel available at these places, there may be places I've missed though. Jamie is pretty much on the money with this one.

• Whakatane to Waiotahi = 31km
  • Waiotahi to Opotiki = 14km
  • Opotiki to Tirohanga Store = 7km
  • Tirohanga to Waihau Bay = 96km
  • Waihau Bay to Te Araroa = 56km
  • Te Araroa to Te Puia Springs = 69km
  • Te Puia Springs to Tokomaru Bay = 11km
  • Tokomaru Bay to Tolaga Bay = 36km
  • Tolaga Bay to Gisborne = 55km
  • Gisborne to Matawai via Rere Falls = 96km
  • Matawai to Tirohanga via Motu road = 71km

So yeah, if you can manage 100km without fuel you should be OK, maybe aim for 150km to be safe. A 5L fuel can should surely see most bikes easily get 200km right?

I plan on carrying 5 or 10L on the CT and am pretty confident I won't need it (famous last words).

Will have 20L or so on the trailer as a last resort

• Like 1

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

59 minutes ago, GuyWithAviators said:

Ask @Shakotom about his experience with those.. 

Yeah. They work great. -_- at filling the inside of your tyre with ammonia smelling liquid that burns your nose and throat when you have to clean it out later and not actually stopping or slowing down any form of leak from a puncture.

was just a screw in the tyre aswell.

Pretty sure theses still fuel at the camp ground or motel at Te Kaha so that breaks up the big gap between Tirohanga and Waihau Bay for feeding the hungry ringadings

Plus gas at Ruatoria between Te Araroa and Te Puia Springs/have a hongi with a rastafarian but watch out the dont cut your head off

Also for those from afar be aware that petrol can carry a 20-30c/L premium over what it costs you anywhere closer to civilization 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Vintage Grumble said:

Me and Jamie will both have a 5L of gas on board. I'm more worried the SJ50/Jamie's hog will need more than the 2L of two stroke oil I have, puhuhuhu.

I guess we better take a pump for tyre inflation too, else tubes won't be much good to us.

Fuck I'm excited about this.

I have a 12v compressor I can bring along if need be.

Put some of the 6v bikes in series and make it work etc for max lols. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Vintage Grumble said:

Me and Jamie will both have a 5L of gas on board. I'm more worried the SJ50/Jamie's hog will need more than the 2L of two stroke oil I have, puhuhuhu.

I guess we better take a pump for tyre inflation too, else tubes won't be much good to us.

Fuck I'm excited about this.

Run it on premix bei

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HighLUX said:

Finally got an email back about the accomodation at Hicks Bay and we can use it for the night for those that are keen. 

Keen. What night is this gonna be, first one, replacing the camp ground? And would I be wise to try make my tent fit on the bike? 

Friday night, the camp ground is about 10 mins over the hill from Hicks Bay.

Plenty of tree cover there so a hammock/tarp combo would be easier to carry than a tent.

We can wheel the bikes over the bridge and park them at the back door for the night so they will be safe 

• Like 2