Eastcapescapade November 24,25,26 - 2017

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Accommodation for the two nights is looking a bit like this, unless anyone/everyone has severe objections. These places should be able to accommodate about 20 of us if it comes to it. 

Night 1 - 24th November - Te Araroa

gal5.jpg?maxwidth=490&maxheight=330&type

3 bed backpacker cabins, 4 available $27/pp BYO linen and I assume pillow

4 bed private cabins (maybe 7 available) $55 for two plus $30/pp after that up to four, or $115/ for four  unsure if linen provided in private cabins. 

I haven't made any bookings here. Chat amongst yourselves about what configuration suits you best and book yourselves accordingly PLZ. 

Te Araroa Holiday Park 
State Highway 35
Te Araroa
Eastern North Island
New Zealand 3852

Phone/fax: 06 864 4873
Email bill.martin@xtra.co.nz

http://www.teararoaholidaypark.nz/

Night 2 - 25th Nov - Gisborne

We are looking at staying at the Gisborne YHA. They have a variety of options available, pretty cheap. 

It'll be up to the individuals or groups of you to book what you need etc. 

(06) 867 3269

So it's not critical everyone stays in the same place, feel free to do what suits you best, but it will make it slightly easier to round everyone up and get going if we're all in the same place or nearby. 

So to summarize

24th November, book your own shit

25th November, book your own shit

Edited by johnnyfive
Change in plans
  • Like 4

Just wondering what the out of town-ers plans were for the Thursday night preceding the ride? Are you needing a place to stay, or did ya'll plan to rock down early Friday morning?

Its obviously going to be a fairly relaxed affair, so just putting this out there. Me and at least one other rider will be departing from Whakatane Friday morning, and heading out to J5's place which is on the way. So if anyone wants to start in Whakatane with us, just let me know. I have room on my property for probably up to 6 or 7 cars, so storing them there for the weekend wont be a problem.

If you wish to start from J5's, i'm sure that's also all G, he probably can squeeze in up to 20000 cars on his property.

Another note would be to pack lite-ish, as we will only have one support vehicle, likely a hilux or commy wagon towing a trailer, so internal room to lock items away will be limited (the ladies driving it will probably stop at every shop selling trinkety crap along the way, puhuhuhu). We will probably have a good range of tools with us, so maybe only bring special tools applicable to your bike if needed? Maybe a spare tube and some oil/gas.

I'm not sure where we will put the bikes at night, if we can fit them in the rooms with us I guess we will? I might be able to get a couple of long ass wire ropes to lock them all together also.

I think that's about all the questions/thoughts I had?    

Regards "Still audibly fizzing at the foam hole" VG.

• Like 7

Yeah, as VG says, I'm about 30 mins by scooter past Whakatane on the route, can park things everywhere and can sleep a few people the night before/after if anyone is traveling far. 

As far as the accommodation for night two in Gisborne goes, there might be a little change if everyone is ok with it. My partner it turns out isn't super thrilled about mass sleeping room lol. That place also are a bit iffy about booking out cabins that weekend due to a dog show or some nonsense. 

Currently looking at the YHA Gisborne as an option, should be OK. Will update as soon as there's some more certainty. 

• Like 2

Okey doke. Forget what I said about the other place on night two (Saturday 25th), and instead look to the Gisborne YHA. 

(06)867 3269

You will need to make your own bookings if you do want to stay here the night. Pool together if you like etc.

Sorry for the bother and change of plan but without the ladies coming with us, there is no one to drive the looser cruiser.

Regards

J5

PS, so excited

• Like 5

I think @GuyWithAviators and I are planning on cruising to Tauranga to stay with @MopedNZ

then leave TGA early Friday am to meet up with you guys to start the ride./ will need somewhere to leave car/s I guess plz

I also think is 3 are gonna build carriers and try and carry our shit on our bikes/ pack light/ wear the same pair of undies ect.

also fizzing at the bungs. My tyres turned up. Cleaning up some spare wheels to chuck them on, have sorted a carrier rack to modify/ purchasing a crate of beer to have a crate. Aliexpressing some longer shocks/ 

can this be this weekend yet?

• Like 3