• 1 month later...
  • Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
18 minutes ago, MopedNZ said:

Start with Motu, good way to weed out the shit bikes. Would be a good last day too with that coastal road. Hmmmmnngggggghhhh. Food for thought. @GuyWithAviators came and tickled me for a couple of nights, we were planning/pining hard. 

isnt this @johnnyfive brain child? 

coast ride was super easy and talking to a few others would be rad to do it the opposite direction.

• Like 2

Oh hey hey, I suppose a new thread could be in order. 

No ones decided on a date yet but still Nov at this stage is a safe bet. 

We'd discussed the possibility of changing up the route somewhat to include places like the Mahia peninsula and/or the Ureweras but that might be a bit far/hard so maybe another time. 

Hitting the same route backwards would probably be fine, something to consider is possible work traffic on either the Motu Road/Rere falls side on a Friday. Probably a bit far away to know but heavy vehicles (logging etc) is a thing sometimes. I think its pretty standard for them to knock off on a Sunday. Food for thought. Would probably be sweet, might just have to take it a bit easier. (As an aside, I still can't get over how little traffic we struck the entire trip)

But yeah so perhaps I should fire up a new thread and attempting to lock in some details if there is the demand? 

• Like 7

Ken as for new thread and deets.

Completely forgot about logging trucks too. I remember you guys warning us about that last time. I'm sure the same direction would be just as awesome, if not better than last year. Without the breakdowns etc we probably would have arrived at hicks bay way earlier which would be a cool place to hoon around in the late evening. Keen to check out that beach with the giant bulldozer boat towing machines and the selfie wharf again.

Definitely bringing a bike that isn't so low to the ground this year. 

Hopefully the RSA can get enough signatures for us again. BLOOD AND GUTS.