Eastcapescapade November 24,25,26 - 2017

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fitted a towbar to the support vehicle, picked up the trailer, bought a crate of beers(to screw the crate onto the bike).

Also only a maximum of two broken bikes thanks. No pressure.

Weather forecast is looking mostly good, possibility of dampness towards Gisborne on Sunday, lets hope not. 

Shall we aim to meet between 8-9am at my place on Friday morning. PM me for address. My phone number is 0273083337

• Like 1

3 hours ago, johnnyfive said:

Shall we aim to meet between 8-9am at my place on Friday morning. PM me for address. My phone number is 0273083337

Earlier the better. Raglan ride was meant for kick off at 9; 1 hour later we left.

Also is yours where vehicles and trailers are left for the weekend or what’s the best thing to do there?

19 minutes ago, MopedNZ said:

Earlier the better. Raglan ride was meant for kick off at 9; 1 hour later we left.

Also is yours where vehicles and trailers are left for the weekend or what’s the best thing to do there?

Johnny is a farmer, turn up just before dawn for some open pipe test and tune around his yard!

/You may end up parked under Kato Perry though.

:tongue:

• Like 3

Question from a guy on the fb event

Couple of questions, is extra fuel essential? Food/drink/booze available in a shop on the first night or shall we bring some? Just checking a 50 is still ok or I'll bring a 125? Sleeping outside under a tarp should be sweet yeah if the bach is too packed, or would a small tent be better? If I bring a spare bike, would it be safe to leave it in the van at the meeting point? Starting point is 7.00, but where exactly as I have to route plan! Cheers, excited to get out there!

6 hours ago, MopedNZ said:

Yep no problem to park things at mine. Plenty of room and someone will be around over the weekend as well. Parking things at VGs in Whakatane is another option if that suits better.

17 minutes ago, Shakotom said:

Question from a guy on the fb event

Couple of questions, is extra fuel essential? Food/drink/booze available in a shop on the first night or shall we bring some? Just checking a 50 is still ok or I'll bring a 125? Sleeping outside under a tarp should be sweet yeah if the bach is too packed, or would a small tent be better? If I bring a spare bike, would it be safe to leave it in the van at the meeting point? Starting point is 7.00, but where exactly as I have to route plan! Cheers, excited to get out there!

I'll respond to him on there Cheers. 

Prettymuch, try have 100km fuel range MINIMUM, 150km should be ok, 200 better. 

There should be food and booze available out there, at albeit inflated prices. I might just carry some snacks and water.

A 50 should be fine, provided it's going to handle 600km including some hills.

Tent/tarp, whatever you're comfortable with.

Van will be safe with non visible off street parking, and someone at home.

And yeah PM for address

• Like 1