Richy's 1991 Porsche 944 S2 - BEWARE OF SHARN.

Snoozin

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Is this thing old enough that it uses a cold start injector? If so, the issue could be sense wire to starter motor or thermo-time switch.

Other issues are that the auxiliary air valves go out of spec over time and need adjustment

No cold start injector on this thing. These don't use the older AAV type idle control that is adjustable. Later cars with the Bosch Motronic have a solenoid type IACV which either works, or leaks and you get a rough idle. You can see the IACV lurking between runners 1 and 2 on the inlet manifold.

• Like 1

Glad you got this sorted man, was sad panda when I seen it had died straight away.

Google says people use a $50 aliexpress device to get codes and reset shit on these porches. Worth a look. There’s really not that many things to go wrong and give you the issue, just takes ages to actually work through a process and find the cause vs pray and spray with new parts. 

Yeah it nearly didn't happen. But nevermind.

I'll try to do this methodically instead of frittering money on parts and trial and erroring it. Old electrics (especially European) are such a pain in the ass but luckily all the tables/charts with what I should be seeing at the ECU end are pretty easy to come by and even a dunce like me can understand most of the diagnostic procedures.

• Like 1