rxtoy's sprinter discussion

rxtoy

This is where you tell me why I should/shouldn't rotary swap it.................

I won't. So far almost all the Kiwis I've told have tried pointing me in that direction, the Aussies are more inclined towards an LS1

Cheers

Matt

There was one of these locally that got about years ago and I never got a chance to hit the owner up about it.  It ended up selling for fuck all when it comes up for sale.  I couldn't believe it.  

Sweet little cars,  would love one myself.  Envious.

Congrats man.

• Like 1

I fell in love with one of these when I was in Melbourne a couple of years ago, a guy turned up to a little meet we went to in a super cool 5K swapped one. He was a GC, and he drove it pretty hard. I've pined for one ever since, but chances of owning one are probably pretty slim. Definitely one of my dream machines.

Keep it K. I can't believe I'm saying that, but the character that this little KE15 had with the 5K in it was just so perfect for the car. Couple of doorty sidedrafts and you're good to go.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Snoozin said:

I fell in love with one of these when I was in Melbourne a couple of years ago, a guy turned up to a little meet we went to in a super cool 5K swapped one. He was a GC, and he drove it pretty hard. I've pined for one ever since, but chances of owning one are probably pretty slim. Definitely one of my dream machines.

Keep it K. I can't believe I'm saying that, but the character that this little KE15 had with the 5K in it was just so perfect for the car. Couple of doorty sidedrafts and you're good to go.

Red one with stripes and race numbers? Adam Laws threw that together, that's the exact car that made me want one

as much as I've never been a K motor fan I think you're right, this is the right car for one

1 hour ago, Seedy Al said:

Seems like you really have no need for a stout now. ....

Incorrect. I need ALL the rusty old Toyotas!!!

I'd rather finish it, don't need the money anymore, and I really do want to get some enjoyment out of the copious amounts of $ I've poured into it

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I already tried to buy it, he's not keen. Reckons he's collecting the set, has the wagon, 2x2 door sedans and a 4 door sedan back in NZ. 

Fluked the wagon find when him and some mates were picking up a cheap bus to take to scrap and it was just sitting there in a field. 1 owner, she retired it 8 years ago when she lost her licence. Such a shame it just sat there, it's pretty rough now, but definitely fixable

If anything comes up I'll keep you in mind though, it's crazy what's still sitting around in WA, it's just a matter of finding it

• Like 1