Sam's D21 Daily

Sambo

Made a massive difference!

ZPCXBdA.jpg

vnFtybu.jpg

Old one with a hole.

Also this:

dfsCzzp.jpg

Starting swapping to a terrano front. Painted the slam panel black, then realised that the Navara corner lights don't fit over the Terrano grille, so I've got some proper ones on the way. Still rolling the terrano front with the corner lights looking wack as fuck.

• 8 months later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

WtNAAVd.jpg

So I bought another one which was meant to be good and tidy, then I was just going to swap the trays over. Unfortunately it's got rot all along the top of the screen, and in the places I've already fixed it in the other ute, so I'm swapping the drivelines instead. Spent a couple of days last week swapping them over, now the good motor out of the new ute is in the old ute, and is running weird. It goes great with the electronic dissy, but ran really hot yesterday, then really cold today. I put a new thermostat in, so may that's a bit suss?

• Like 2

I suppose that's an easy place to start! It didn't do this when it was in the other car though, the only changes to the cooling system are the thermostat and a possible bad job bleeding the system. I even took the radiator etc from the other one.

Kingcab is the best, just sucks that they weren't available with anything other than the 2wd Z24. Maybe I should keep the flatdeck one and swap it onto a TD27 4wd chassis /dreams

• Like 1

Definitely give it a good bleed then. First port of call. 

Does it have a bleed nut on the manifold?  

The VG30 in mine is super easy to bleed because of it. 

The other thing it could be is the gauge or sender.  Mine started playing up literally days before I went on holiday but I'm pretty certain that's all mine is. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So yeah, I still haven't done the cooling system. Friday was the last day of classes at uni for the year, and still have exams coming up, but hoping to find some time for it soon.

I did track down an annoying rattle to a loose exhaust mount (steel to steel hard mount).

Rejetted a weber 32/36 I got off a forum member quite a while ago, the first carb I've jetted, so that was fun. It was all going well until I noticed that someone had disabled the accelerator pump. Bought a new one from Ebay, and it's now probably totally lost in the Italian postal system.

20181021_132636.jpg

cocknballs.jpg

I've also found a guy who has Z20e efi gear and a Z22 head to suit the inlet ports, so hopefully at some point the carb will become redundant. Z24ET ahoy.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Today:

CGKbuKa.jpg

xOp1um0.jpg

This silly bitch lovely lady decided to move out of her stationary lane into my moving one and poked her wheel into my door and all the way down the side. Then she got out out and asked if she took her car to the panelbeater today when I'd be able to pay her back. Turns out she has no insurance, luckily this is the first car I've ever had full insurance on.

Most of the damage is in the shaded part of the picture, but it has gouged every panel behind the guard. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Odd.
TBH I retired that carb a long time ago. I'm 100% sure the accelerator pump would have been working though. Although it did used to blip a tiny bit when I dumped the secondary. (Kind of like how a rotary does when the secondaries are manualised)  I got it in my head it wasnt big enough for my set up. (Which was the only reason I swapped it out for a 2bbl Holley) It ran the exact same 1/4 time, and same trap speed with both carbs. But the holley used shitloads less gas.  Making that manual choke set up and rebushing the throttle shaft was a fuck around. Especially since with it mounted on the supercharger it never even needed any choke.

I'm quite impressed with the choke setup tbh, and the rest of the carb is super tidy.

What kind of datto engine was it on again? I wonder if you got away with it because it was running jets that were only like 1 or 2 sizes down from what I'm using on a 2.4L Z24. 

• Like 1

I got a bit carried away yesterday and bought these. A set of 5 in 16x8. They're made in Japan, but the only maker's mark I can see is "4wd Engineering Service". They need a tidy up, but once I sell the tyres they should be free.

Also, free plug for Youi insurance. 1 hour after submitting a claim form the car was booked to be assessed. My excess was also waived without needing to confirm fault with the other party or anything else. Bloody impressed for what's meant to be cut price insurance.

Edit: this is the tidiest one.

20181102_110015 (Large).jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/11/2018 at 14:08, Sambo said:

I'm quite impressed with the choke setup tbh, and the rest of the carb is super tidy.

What kind of datto engine was it on again? I wonder if you got away with it because it was running jets that were only like 1 or 2 sizes down from what I'm using on a 2.4L Z24. 

It was on an A15 which was being fed by an S/C14 supercharger. Driven at 1:1. So pulling the same volume of Air at wot (more or less) as a 2.8 litre engine.